Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreaming while awake???

Options
  • 01-07-2007 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭

Something strange just happened me a few minutes ago. I was in work (I work shift, and was quite tired) and got up to go to the ATM - on the walk down, some stuff came into my head. It was as if I was recalling a dream, and I could see people I'd never before seen but yet seemed familiar to me. It was exactly as though I had dreamed a very vivid dream but I was awake (I was walking, and had just left my desk), they weren't doing particularly much, but they were real to me. Then I suddenly came to (although I was fairly lucid) and realised I had imagined all this. Immediately I felt dizzy and nautious. So I went out for fresh air. Until I got outside I was feeling freaked, but when the fresh air hit, I felt briefly euphoric.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific and that this perhaps seems a little mixed up. but, as I said, like a dream when you wake up, within moments it all became very unclear as to what happened.

Am I losing it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

davyjose wrote:
    Am I losing it?
    Doubtful. Think you answered you own question with "and was quite tired."

I've been known to daydream when tired or during a boring lecture. Get more sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 9th

davyjose wrote:
    Something strange just happened me a few minutes ago. I was in work (I work shift, and was quite tired) and got up to go to the ATM - on the walk down, some stuff came into my head. It was as if I was recalling a dream, and I could see people I'd never before seen but yet seemed familiar to me. It was exactly as though I had dreamed a very vivid dream but I was awake (I was walking, and had just left my desk), they weren't doing particularly much, but they were real to me. Then I suddenly came to (although I was fairly lucid) and realised I had imagined all this. Immediately I felt dizzy and nautious. So I went out for fresh air. Until I got outside I was feeling freaked, but when the fresh air hit, I felt briefly euphoric.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific and that this perhaps seems a little mixed up. but, as I said, like a dream when you wake up, within moments it all became very unclear as to what happened.

Am I losing it?

Just sounds like a dream to me. Nothing you said would lead me to believe it was a hypogogic hallucination.

Advertisement