Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card Protection Problem

Options
  • 01-07-2007 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I have set up a llyods TSB account and got Sentinal Card Protection with it.
    I applied to sentinal and they sent me some paper asking me to put all my card details and passport number etc on them.

Is it safe to put all the information and card/account numbers onto a single page and then post it off? I mean if that got into the wrong hands in the postal system somebody could clear you out and have all your details?

Surley this isnt a safe thing to do!? Especially seeing as the Sentinal Address is on the front so the letter is easily identified!

What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This sort of stuff goes through the postal system daily .. never really understood it myself :(

I guess if you're concerned you could register it though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Ye i suppose if i sent it by registered post, although the postage is paid on the envelope already (1st class but not registered).

I think i'll take my chances with the cards. Dont think its worth the risk.

You'd be amazed at how the English throw there bank details around without giving it a second thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

could you photocopy the form and put half the details on one and half on the other and then send them speperately. You could have Sentinel copy the details over onto the one form?

Give the a ring and see will they do this for you?

Good idea, i may just do that.

Im sure that one copy will get lost, but i'll try it anyway.

Still cant believe what a crap system it is and how careless the english are with their details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Can you not give them the details over the phone?

• Advertisement

No! You have to send them on this sheet of paper they sent me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

What type of card is it? A credit card or atm/debit card? For example with credit cards you'll often have to mail the company with your card number. This is fine though as you don't send the expiry date/ccv number.

Perhaps they're not asking for EVERY level of security with the card.

Regarding giving out bank account numbers. Not much you can do with them on their own. To withdraw money with just a bank a/c number you'd need to be in the bank with fake passport/driving license and be similar age/sex to the account holder.

Advertisement