Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

customs?

Options
  • 01-07-2007 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭

how long can i expect customs to hold some clothing i bought from ebay? i checked the an post on line tracking thing and it says the clothing has been there since tuesday - will i get a bill for VAT in the post or a phone call or something?

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Ideo wrote:
    how long can i expect customs to hold some clothing i bought from ebay? i checked the an post on line tracking thing and it says the clothing has been there since tuesday - will i get a bill for VAT in the post or a phone call or something?

thanks in advance!

eBay europe, nothing to worry and pay.
    Purchases outside europe and over 100 euro, yes you have to pay import taxes (21%) and custom time spent on opening the box (About 35 euro, maybe more now).

Get in touch with the carrier and pay the excise to him, as he certainly has an account with the customs.
    Once the thing has been cleared, the customs will give the goods back to the carrier.
    Should take a week.

Advertisement