Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

internet connection problem

• 01-07-2007 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭

My desktop will not connect to internet,giving an error saying no connectivity, I tried checking cables and my laptop is fine on same, I also tried another Ethernet card in a spare slot on PC with same results so I feel it is a problem with PC. My network adapters are NVIDIA nForce networking controler on motherboard and aRealtek RTL8139 family PCI fast ethernet NIC, Both are looking fine in device manager, Running XP and in trouble shooting it says it cannot update IP adress or something,Also said something about checking the modem in device manager but it does not show my modem in device manager, Is there anything i can check? I hope its something stupid but i haven't a clue what to look at

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

have you installed a firewall recently ?

which type of router do you have - to see if it's giving out IP addresses or if you are not using a router then you should be getting the IP address directly from the ISP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

Problems gone now, checked and tightened everything and working fine now.
    :o
    Thanks for the quick reply, Still no idea what it was, just annoyed the hell out of me for 2 hours

Advertisement