Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am an idiot...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Someone is waaaay too sad to go to all that effort to be the "CAOMAN". Especially since you can copy and paste a lot of that info from the cao.ie website.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAOMAN

The CAO monitors many boards where discussions on the CAO takes place in order to be of assistance to any query that may arise. We were directed to this board by some applicants, who having read the messages from Murderer, wanted the situation to be clarified. This is the reason I joined this Board, i.e. to clarify the situation for those who complained about it and to clarify the situation for everyone else who thinks he may have some advantage over others, by whatever means obtained.

Following some PM's with the Murderer, I expect a clarification of his statement on this board quite soon.

We have received many e-mails from applicants claiming that it was unfair for the Murderer to be allowed his late change of mind, based on the impression, that they got when reading his statements on this board.

I have clarified directly with them that in no way, was the Murderer allowed to submit a late change of mind, rather, he was allowed to amend this change of mind , which he submitted on July 1, by means of amending his statement of courses choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

People actually bothered their arses to complain about someone elses application! Thats just silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

CAOMAN wrote:
    From the people in the CAO.

There was only 1 appeal lodged that was successful and really it was not an appeal at all.

The person(Murderer) actually submitted a change of mind on July 1st but then wanted to change it again on July 2nd, which of course the rules states that change of minds close on July 1st.

However, he would receive an acknowledgement based on this change of mind on July 1 and this would allow him to change his choices once more within 7 days of the date of printing on the top of the form.

Well done LUCAS10101 who actually reads what the CAO sends out to applicants about Change of Minds.

Murderer, or should I say XXXX, you need to correct this invalid impression that you paid some money, or received some dispensation, given by you on this board or CAO will have to look at your application to see if you have breached the rules.

Did you pass English in your Leaving?
    ...rules (plural) state... (no 's'/not third person)
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Spelling and grammar only account for 10% in each question, even in Higher level which is a bit crazy.
    I reckon txtsp4eak has also featured in the above exams *shudder*.

• Advertisement

CAOMAN will now edit his mistake out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

I'm having loads of this CAOMAN malarky. Maybe its a publicity stunt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Following some PM's with the Murderer, I expect a clarification of his statement on this board quite soon.

To make things clear, I did not pay off or bribe any CAO employee in order to gain an unfair advantage in the application process, although while I'm being honest I must concede that I did apply a few too many postage stamps onto the envelope which could very well be pried off should a cunning employee wish to save a few pence on postage. I cannot possibly comment on how that may have affected my appeal but I can ensure the many worried applicants that any surplus to the required amount of stamps was affixed merely to ensure prompt delivery of the documents which outlined my personal circumstances which I do not wish to share with anyone on this board.

Thanks,
    Adam

(PS: I didn't believe it was really someone from the CAO until I got a PM containing possibly every contact detail that I included with my application including my application number. There's still a few details that don't quite seem to match but I'd rather be safe than sorry with regards my future :))

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAOMAN

Thank you for clarifying the situation Murderer.

perhaps the people who e-mail me about your posts on this message board will be convinced that nothing irregular has happened.

Your change of course choices are still valid.

People actually took those allegations seriously!? le sigh

¬_¬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

what n00bs complaining about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I would imagine there are plenty of people who browse these boards without an account and make no effort of involvement in this "community", only to "monitor" the discussions.
    Pretty petty whinging I must admit:/

Advertisement