Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Corbally Link Road Open?

Options
  • 01-07-2007 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭

The Corbally Link Road was supposed to open on June 22nd but I didn't hear anything about it opening and haven't heard anything about it since the time in April when Limerick City Council released pictures and an article on the work.

Does anyone know if the road opened or if it's opening soon enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

dont know, but its one of limericks biggest embarrasments that its taken so long to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

no, it's still abiulding site. i think they are fixing the lamp poles now. we should be happy if it gets openend in this decade...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It looks ready to me. The traffic lights were installed last Friday.

What difference to the traffic flow it will make when opened remains to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Can't imagine it will make much difference, the northern ring road is badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

This is the road linking corbally(grove island) to clare street isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Aesop

The Park Rd to Rhebogue is STILL closed and that was supposed to have opened in May so I wouldn't hold out any great hopes.

Meanwhile they are digging up footpaths around ivan's AGAIN.

Give me strength!

Many times I have said this road decisions are made in this city by a person who travels by helicoptor

sioda wrote:
    This is the road linking corbally(grove island) to clare street isn't it?

it is. apparently supposed to be ready by May 2007 as the sign for the park canal walkway pedestrian diversion says... but hey, the weather... it was to sunny and now it is to rainy...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

The Great Wall of China didn't take as long as this road. If a hotel or business park needed it open it would have opened years ago.

To think Limerick City Council wants a boundary extension - they can't manage what the have not mind getting an extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Aesop wrote:
    Meanwhile they are digging up footpaths around ivan's AGAIN. Give me strength!

probably a Wheel Barrow Lane ...... :rolleyes:

yep .... I would think that's what it's for ..... :p

after all .... they have the bus lane for one bus an hour .... :cool:

they have the bike lane for one bike per hour (but he can't use it because it's half full of parked cars) ..... :(

but nothing so far for the $$$$ $$$$$$$$ wheel barrow user .... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

actually i just heard it is to open in the next week. Their doin roadworks at night to rearange water works. so heres hopin:rolleyes:

hobie wrote:
    probably a Wheel Barrow Lane ...... :rolleyes:

yep .... I would think that's what it's for ..... :p

after all .... they have the bus lane for one bus an hour .... :cool:

they have the bike lane for one bike per hour (but he can't use it because it's half full of parked cars) ..... :(

but nothing so far for the $$$$ $$$$$$$$ wheel barrow user .... :mad:

Brilliant just brilliant yet again the wheel barrow user gets screwed :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They were working hard there at 11.30pm last night. High vis. jackets and floodlights.

Road is open since today. Not busy yet. Have a number of pictures on my mobile, will post them later :)

cycle tracks for each direction and even a bus stop!

more pics. sorry about the quality. that tacky mobile phone camera is quite crap. but it'll give you an idea...

I drove it earlier. It's fine. Not sure what effect it will have though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I drove it earlier. It's fine. Not sure what effect it will have though.

Will it really make that much difference? It's needed but we'll always have traffic problems there until the Northern Ring road is built.

It'll improve the inward flow in the mornings ok, by splitting the bottleneck earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cool, must give it a try tomorrow.

Be wide!

I used it this morning and 2 cars (coming from canal bridge direction) jumped the red lights, nearly causing an accident.

• Advertisement

Be wide!

I used it this morning and 2 cars (coming from canal bridge direction) jumped the red lights, nearly causing an accident.

muppets! back to donkey-cars in this country for safety reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It says in the Limk Ind. today that the link road isn't to be opened until august? :-S

Goes to show how accurate they are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Drove it on both directions this evening, why are the left/right turns so narrow at the Musgrave end of the road. You would imagine that there should be ample room for queue for turning in either direction.

On another matter there are still muppets paring on the double yellow lines in front of an almost empty Grove Island car park, on my way home this eveing a guy was retruning to his car with a gear bag over his shoulder, was he parked on the duble yellow lines for the period of time he was in the gym, a bit rich if this is happening.

phog wrote:
    On another matter there are still muppets paring on the double yellow lines in front of an almost empty Grove Island car park

Ring CC and the Garda Traffic corps. I already did this twice for the reasons above. CC is happy to get a bit of income from parking tickets. In this case it's not taken from the ppor but from the idiots.

Advertisement