Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i thought it was only women who are called a tease!! opinions on this needed

• 02-07-2007 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

ok, so met this handsome single guy on a overnight thing, good chemistry goin on etc, had to split into groups for work andso didnt see him again till late in the hotel lobby,he stayed chattin , confessed that he hadnt been able to concentrate on the work, he kept thinking what a bummer that we were on different teams,he made a pass, i shyly rebuked, well it was a public place, later when everyone had hit the sack we talked and talked, he accused me of being a tease to which i replied i was not, and we ended up snogging, anyway things got a bit hot and as i was sharing with another female colleague and he was sharing with another male colleague, we decided to go to our respective rooms for some shuteye, not before agreeing that we would travel back to the city together the next day.next morning we eyed each other ,shyly and i presumed that that was it. however, when i pulled out of the hotel, there he was, waiting as aggreed, so he gets into the car, 3 hour drive ahead, he couldnt keep his hands off me, i almost was unable to concentrate on the road, i asked him to cool down, but he just became more and more amorous, stroking my thigh, fondling my breasts etc, at this point, i began to subconciously scan theroad for hotels, guesthouses etc and upon seeing one , i pulled in and said, ok then , lets not put it off any longer, lets go lover, to which he turned me down!!!!.... now i was all hot and bothered, and he decided that maybe it wasnt a good idea! so, we drove home in silence, when we reached the city he asked me for my number, dont ask me why, i still fancied him, so igave it, he wanted a kiss but i refused.weeks go by and i hear nothing, and tonight, out of the blue he contacts me,now before you say he must have had a guilty concience, im 100 percent sure he is single.what should i make ofthis guy?? men, give me some insight into how your minds work, please!!!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

i wouldnt say this was a man lol

i get called a tease a bit by a few girls i kinda know but im never this forward with them - wouldnt be fondling breasts etc, id only do that if i was going to go the full way

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭witchywoman

i wouldnt say this was a man lol

i get called a tease a bit by a few girls i kinda know but im never this forward with them - wouldnt be fondling breasts etc, id only do that if i was going to go the full way
    no, he was definately a full blown man in his thirties, the type who has no problem attracting female attention, and before you ask,i am a good looking 30 something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

at first read he sounds like an idiot

BUT

he has you interested sounds like whatever plan he had worked and you are both in for some fun ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

If you are certain he is not with someone I think there are three options, either he is a virgin or very inexperienced, he had a better offer waiting on him and he is Jack the Lad (and you are in his wee black book) or he has some physical imperfection (scar, small member, etc) that he wants to get to know you before sharing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Did you make a definite date? Did you ask him to call you soon?

Maybe he is attached

Or maybe in the end, he couldn't handle it when a woman takes control and becomes forward.

Whatever the reason, he hasn't put you high in his list of priorities, dont put him high on your list.

If you want to see him well and good, don't overanalyse his reasons, just take it for the now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭celt262

He sounds like a bit of a fool to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

The situation definitely sounds a bit strange and wiffs of he has something to hide.

If your 100% that he is single then try considering some other options that would hold him back from going all the way the 2 that come to mind are STD's or virgin.

I know the virgin thing sounds a bit wierd since he was all over you but the reluctance to take up your offer says somethings up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Sounds very odd. He turned on and off light a switch.

Are you sure he didn't fire one off with all the excitement and became embarrassed about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Jesus, That sounds like something would do to wind a girl up. Well i would have done when i was younger. I would have thought a 30 yo bloke would have grown up at this stage. I think he now see's you as a booty call. And when he snaps his fingers you will come running. His actions of turning you down is a bit strange though, I cant quite get my head around that part.

But if i was female, and you. I would just erase his number and forget about him. He sounds like more hassle then he is worth.

Sounds very odd. He turned on and off light a switch.

Are you sure he didn't fire one off with all the excitement and became embarrassed about it?
    perhaps thats a possibility, but for heavens sake, would he not recover sufficiently after a shower to get things moving again? this theory still doesnt fit with me, but thanks for the input:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Maybe he's upfront on the outside but when it comes to intimate encounters he's just a little shy.

I mean come on! If i were to do that to someone in a car, the last thing i would expect would be for her to pull in to a hotel and say 'right's, lets do the nitty gritty'. I'd expect he was a little shocked to say the least. Maybe he didn't find it a particularly endearing quality about you? And maybe he's thinking twice now?

Maybe he's upfront on the outside but when it comes to intimate encounters he's just a little shy.

I mean come on! If i were to do that to someone in a car, the last thing i would expect would be for her to pull in to a hotel and say 'right's, lets do the nitty gritty'. I'd expect he was a little shocked to say the least. Maybe he didn't find it a particularly endearing quality about you? And maybe he's thinking twice now?
    so, you think that theres nothing wrong with this type of thing, we are not 17 year olds, if we were i would say ok , fair point, but if you make a big sexual play on a woman, surely you mean business, .and well, you are obviously another tease!!!:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

so, you think that theres nothing wrong with this type of thing, we are not 17 year olds, if we were i would say ok , fair point, but if you make a big sexual play on a woman, surely you mean business, .and well, you are obviously another tease!!!:rolleyes:

Chill out woman.

No i don't think there's anything wrong what so ever. Define wrong? Are you just upset because he got you all flustered but wouldn't follow through? Are you so demanding of all your partners? He was just being playful; as I'm sure you have to some level in your lifetime. Maybe he felt there was something a little odd about pulling into a 'motel' for a quickie. Maybe he likes to be the dominant one in the relationship and didn't like how you decided to take control. Maybe he hadn't showered that morning and had a case of BO. Maybe he had already cracked one off that morning and didn't feel up to rising to the occasion.

The truth is you don't know. But you were rejected and now you're pissing and moaning about it. So, if you want to see him again then go ahead, if not, then don't. Quite simple really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

speed? (maybe he likes women who drive very fast)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Player alert!

The kids say it best, really. From the Urban dictionary:

Player

a guy who:

(1) doesn't understand the meaning of relationship;

(2) is in full reproductive mode;

(3) is very good at making girls think he is into them (also very proficient at breaking said girls hearts);

(4) often "dates" several girls at several schools (girls are often unaware of each other);

(5) is an asshole!

Possibly a bit of misandry going on there. But you get the idea. Be ye warned, missy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

If i was engaged in that level of intimacy in a car and the woman initiated like that i would be helping her get the bags out of the boot!

I dont know about the enderaring quality, but it strikes me that the man in question when confronted with a woman who isn't afraid to initiate backs off is the one with the issue.

There are two sayings that come to mind:
    "all wind and water" and "all mouth and trousers"

TBh i had to laugh at the assertation that he had "cracked one off" and therefore couldn't. Recovery time isn't that long! If things were that hot in the car then you could have bloody well hung the luggage from mine. and in any event there are plenty of things that could have been done to really heat things up. So no i dont belive that one to be true.

More likely, he got scared or his ego couldn't handle a woman taking charge.

Whatever the reason OP, he only contacted after several weeks (maybe it tok that long to recover lol). That is his loss.
    In your position i would say, you had your chance sonny, you blew it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭hanni1234

This lad sound hilarious :) High Five

Advertisement