Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speedtest results

Options
  • 02-07-2007 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Ive tested my broadband a few times here
    http://www.irishisptest.com/runmyspeed.php
    And Im getting speeds of 456Kbps down and 489Kbps with a round trip time of 1ms .
    Ive looked into the ip on the web too and it wells me my Isp is digiweb Im subsribed to a small crew called cablewatch out in ashtown so they must go through them. And have a cable broadband connection. BUT Im not sure if this is good. I was told that its a 2mb broabband service and to me 456 kb is far shy of that. I thought basic dsl was 512kb???
    that site above also says that a cable modem should have 400Mbps speeds(sounds way to good for ireland)

Also I notice when on sites like youtube the files are choppy wheras I had eircom before and god forbid ...they were not as bad when downloading!!
    Can anyone help me out here and translate these results? As i cant really make head nor tail of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bob90909

anybody??? dont be shy!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

bob90909 wrote:
    anybody??? dont be shy!

What exactly are you expecting from Boards? You don't appear to know what product you are paying for? Get on to your internet supplier if you have issues they are the only ones who can solve any problem you may have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

bob90909 wrote:
    anybody??? dont be shy!

pfff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Hmm my Download speed shows 1.78Mbps. I'm with UTV but dont know if I'm 2mb or 3mb

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Conor108 wrote:
    Hmm my Download speed shows 1.78Mbps. I'm with UTV but dont know if I'm 2mb or 3mb

Surely you should know what you are paying for?rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement