Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question for mods

Options
  • 02-07-2007 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Would it be acceptable to post a link to my blog here? It covers cars, driving and motorsport from an Irish perspective and I'm trying to boost my readership at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I'm not a regular round here but the best thing to do would be put the link in your signature and participate in posts and threads here. If it's relevant to someone then you can point someone directly to your blog.

A simple thread with the only purpose of directing people to your blog would often be considered as spam and it would do you worse than good. If it's something new and groundbreaking though it may receive a good response.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

workaccount is spot on. Put a link in your sig, drifter32 and we'll all have a look :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 drifter32

Done! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Your Carzone car of the week, the Peugeot 505 GTI, belongs to a friend of mine. It's pretty awful... even he is disappointed! Hence he's selling. The 2.8 V6 is a better car by a long shot (he's had 3 of them). But by modern standards they're pretty awful too.

(I've driven them all.)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

JHMEG wrote:
    Your Carzone car of the week, the Peugeot 505 GTI, belongs to a friend of mine. It's pretty awful... even he is disappointed! Hence he's selling. The 2.8 V6 is a better car by a long shot (he's had 3 of them). But by modern standards they're pretty awful too.

(I've driven them all.)

Aye that 4-pot is nothing in performance compared to the PRV. I liked the 505 in its day, but that's a long time ago now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 drifter32

Well, I was going for the quirky/rare/unusual angle with that. Like the Top Gear Cool Wall it doesn't have to be a 'good' car.

EDIT: Oh, and do feel free to leave comments on the blog itself as well as here!

Fair enough, your blog is fairly good anyway. Keep up the good work!

Something about that 505 which I noticed last week, is that being RWD and therefore having a longitudinal mounted engine, when revved at a standstill the crankshaft obviously spins one way, but as a counter-action the car actually leans the other way (driver's side goes down). I've never noticed this before in any other car, and it's definitely not cool! :D

unkel wrote:
    Aye that 4-pot is nothing in performance compared to the PRV. I liked the 505 in its day, but that's a long time ago now
    Unkel, the 505 to me is like a green bathroom suite. May once have been trendy, but was never cool.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Holy Smoke that Pug has crashed in price. I first linked it on the Classic cars board a few months back when the seller was looking for 5 grand I think.

Mike.

Advertisement