Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant connect to boards

Options
  • 02-07-2007 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Was there something wrong with my internet conn. or to do with boards? as i couldnt connect to boards, i've enclosed some pics for someone to decide as when it happens i just refresh again & again :( til the site appears.

Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

It's the boards server. Keeps crapping out every so often. Been happening to me the last few days.

It's been up and down all day for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

if you're on BT broadband, during the last few days there's been problems with the domain name servers, resulting in issues with any digiweb hosted site - giving the problem you have. if you're on BT broadband, i suggest you change your dns to opendns (ip's are : 208.67.222.222 | 208.67.220.220)

if you dont know how to and are using XP

Start-> Settings -> Network Connections -> Local Area connection x.

Click "properties", then scroll to the "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)", hilight it, and click "Properties" again

Then select at the bottom " Use the following DNS servers"

and put in the above IP's. click ok/apply to any of the resulting screens, then you should be ok.

IF THIS IS _NOT_ The case, then it could be due to the Instabilities boards have been having lately due to the upgrade. there is a site announcement about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

And yet here you are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yes, as CM has said before, for the past 4 or 5 days now the BT DNS servers are having problems with sites hosted with Digiweb. Dont know any reason for this but sometimes it working, sometimes its not.

Im routing all my traffic through college to get around the problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

Oh so that's whats wrong then! im using eircom BB, I thought i put it in my original post -sorry.

I came across a post recently by Muffler saying "it was too much on the server by seeing who was online as it was disabled until a few days ago" i think that was the jist.

Thanks again & for the tips. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I'm having the same problem on NTL. Boards and Adverts the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Must say its rather frustrating to be honest and sometimes makes me give up looking up boards. Up they get it sorted soon

Advertisement