Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sync Input

Options
  • 02-07-2007 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

A couple of days ago I downloaded the Catalyst 7.6 display driver and after I did that, whenever I started up the computer, it gave me a mom.implementation dependancy error. I followed the instructions on....... http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=2158446&postcount=4
    It got rid of the error, but now whenever I use 3D applications such as World of Warcraft and Quake 3, after a few minutes of playing the monitor shuts itself off and the light goes from green to yellow. A few seconds after that a white box comes up on the screen and it says "no sync input." This has happened to me while playing music on the computer and the music shuts off as well, so I'm sure the whole computer is freezing. If someone knows what the problem is it would be great to get some help.
    My video card info.......
    Name: ATI Radeon 9550/X1050 Series
    Chip Type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP (0x4153)
    DAC Type: Internal DAC (400MHz)

I am certain I have the latest drivers for my video card and the 3D acceleration is working so I don't know what's going on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

ATI has been messing about with the monitor/resolution detection of late as the 7.6 contained fixes for bugs in this area that affected other cards.

It could be he changes introduced cause whatever problem your having.

Best steps I can suggest are boot into Windows and go into control panel add/remove and uninstall all ATI entries driver & control panel.

Now reboot and when back in Windows dismiss prompt to install display driver and run driver cleaner and select ATI from the list and so it gets rid of any remnants.

Now run the 7.6 installer again and install the driver reboot once done.

Now back in Windows download and install Direct-X june 2007 update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 andrewh817

I did all those steps in order and when it booted up the final time it gave me another mom-implementation error.....so I had to use System Restore again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 andrewh817

so....no one knows what i should do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Honestly don't but the Cat 7.8's (WinXP link) are out now so try those instead.

Advertisement