Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault megane cabriolet

Options
  • 02-07-2007 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Was thinkn of buying one of these....Can anyone give me any feedback or have you driven one before...any feedback will be greatly appreciated...cheers:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

They look nice but are a bit of a woman's car.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

They look nice but are a bit of a woman's car.

Its jst the build quality and road worthyness im after, not hugely bothered by aesthetics.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Build quality is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Take off the blinkers Henry, there's nothing wrong with the build quality of the current Megane.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

BrianD3 wrote:
    Take off the blinkers Henry, there's nothing wrong with the build quality of the current Megane.

No blinkers dude. Honest John and Parkers both express the same views. Electrical and roof mechanism niggles.

This guy had a horror story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

My GF is mad about them, kinda last blast before a sensible car will have to be bought (one that will accommodate baby seats). Roof may be a problem but with the weather lately, it may not be used that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I have a 2004 megane, and I am not a Renault fanatic.

I think it is a grand car. It is comfy and very well spec'd.

I had two issues with it;
    1. Squeaky brakes - replaced under warranty.
    2. Drivers side window stopped working. The car was out of warranty, but Renault fixed it anyway without charging.

Other than that, its been fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

prospect wrote:
    I have a 2004 megane, and I am not a Renault fanatic.

I've a 2004 as well, lumpy auto-'box, and it's not up to german "made from granite" feel, but it's comfy and OK.

will not be repeating experience next time round though..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭BrianD3

No blinkers dude. Honest John and Parkers both express the same views. Electrical and roof mechanism niggles.
    I'd call that (lack of) reliability - build quality is generally taken to mean the interior plastics, paintwork, how well the car is screwed together, panel fit etc? In all of these areas the Renault is decent.

While we're on the subject of reliability/problems honestjohn is not gospel, in fact it's a pretty poor site. Last time I checked it failed to mention the most common issues on the Renault Laguna and gave the impression that other issues are more common than they are. There's also downright wrong information on there about the tyre pressure sensors.

If the original poster wants solid information on the Renault Megane I'd direct him to
    www.renaultforums.co.uk

A matter of opinion Brian. Poor quality parts, design, and build will lead to failures. If a car is magnificantly built from inferior parts it will still not be a good car.

Did you read the owners reviews from Parkers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

listen thanks a mill for all the replies mate, still unsure but have taken all advice good and bad into consideration...cheers again...;)

Advertisement