Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live & Wireless connection

• 02-07-2007 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

I have Wireless Broadband with Irish Broadband & a 3com Router.

I can find the Wireless network on pc's no problem.

I plugged in the Wireless adapter into the USB port at the back (and tried the front too) - I turned up the radio on the side of the adapter - the light on the adapter stays red no matter what.

My settings on the 360 are set to DHCP

Any ideas?

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭niallo32

I have a 3Com Wireless 108mbps Router - I tried using DHCP and assigning a Static IP - the light never changes on the Wireless Adapter from Red

I've turned off Mac Address filtering and assigned a unique SSID

Irish Broadband is the ISP, but they couldnt help.

Anyone else have the same config?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

The official Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter is the only wireless network adapter that will work for the 360.

It's either that or an ethernet cable connection AFAIK. :(

Fnz wrote:
    The official Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter is the only wireless network adapter that will work for the 360.

It's either that or an ethernet cable connection AFAIK. :(

It is an Official Xbox adapter that I have!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'd do a test connection function on the 360 and see whats up exactly. Also try the default setup.

Also how far away is your router from the 360 and do you by any chance have lead walls in your house.:D

I'd do a test connection function on the 360 and what up exactly. Also try the default setup.

Also how far away is your router from the 360 and do you by any chance have lead walls in your house.:D

I've tried the test connection - it finds the adapter, but cant find the Wireless connection.

It's in the room directly below the Wireless adapter - approx 8 feet away.

I've tried default settings & a static setup.

Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement

From your PC, when you refresh your wireless networks in range of your router can you see the signal from the 360?

Actually scratch that, stupid question. It wouldn't show up anyway.

It could actually be your 3com router, there is a model of it that does not support Xbox Live without a firmware upgrade. I'd suggest looking for an update for the router if you haven't done so already.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-274636.html

Or try going into advanced on the router settings and unchecking the wan ping blocking.

I upgraded the Firmware and I can now see my Wireless network.

Under 'Select Wireless Connection' - my Wireless network is listed as 'Connected'

I try and connect, enter the key and it asks me to test the connection - under 'Test Xbox Live Connection' - same as before, it picks up the Wireless USB Adapter, but 'Wireless Connection has a status of 'Not Connected'

I've tried Manual and Automatic IP settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I've upgraded the Firmware to 1.29 , but still no joy.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Advertisement