Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leather pistol holster

Options
  • 02-07-2007 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks quick question for you, does anyone know a place that sells decent leather holsters for pistols.

My bro has a glock 34 and there are plenty of ugly looking plastic holsters available on line but he wants a quality leather one and his bday is coming soon so I'd like to surprise him

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I'll second the Galco Gunleather recommendation.
    The holster and belt I got from them for my S&W 617 is nothing short of magnificent.

Bianchi are also well regarded, apparently-
    http://www.bianchi-intl.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Horseshoe leather UK.
    But would stick with Fobus[ugly plastic yokes].Much less maintenance,and longer wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Assuming he wants the hoster for practical pistol - not much call for it down the saloon these days.

I know a lot of people that do use the leather ones and they seem to have no problems but for me there is too much chance of catching the foresight on the holster before I "cklear leather" "during the draw and pushing the grip forward and ending up pointing the gun behind me.

I have a Ghost holster myself which is quite good - not really a fan of the "pancake style" holsters - with the ghost you don't have to raise it at all before you "clear leather" - Makes for a much smoother draw. The same is true of a range of the plastic ones like the Speed Holster or CR Speed Holster.
    Most of these come with locks which can be easily disengaged during the draw - one less thing to have worry about - e.g. your jacket pulling it out of the holster.

Whichever one you get make sure that when on the belt the muzzle is pointed within a maximum of 1 metre of his foot but not angled in at his leg or foot.
    Also ensure that it covers the trigger and trigger guard and that if holds the firearm tightly.

If the Holster has a locking strap, you will be required to engage it in a practical course.

Again I like the ghost as it is covered in alan keys to let you adjust it here and there to get a good fit.

Hope it helps.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

Horseshoe leather UK.
    But would stick with Fobus[ugly plastic yokes].Much less maintenance,and longer wearing.

i'd second the fobus + i got one and a double mag holder on ebay for less than €50 delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

do the fobus holsters not mark the gun though, surely the plastic will eventually mark the guns finish??

The material in them (from pictures, no real first hand experience with them) looks cheapish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Nope,the Glocks finish is pretty dam tough.Where it grips is a plastic on plastic.Think it is Kydex .Just abit noisey when you holster or draw.But deffo has the advantage of not fumbling for thumb break straps etc,and being able to adjust the holster to an exact angle you are happy with.[Roto holster]

Advertisement