Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Planet PC

Options
  • 02-07-2007 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Lost Planet is out for PC but seriously im not sure what kinda of pc it requires but it does not run 'playable' on mine, even at 800x600.
    Pentium D, 3.0 Ghz, 1 GB Ram, 6600 Geforce,

what type of graphics card am i expecting here and whats the price range?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

dude you are right on the bottom end of the minimum specs. With your PC it will be playable at 640x480 on all graphics settings on low or off.

It will be cheaper for you to buy an Xbox 360 and a copy of this game then to buy another graphics card. Your RAM, CPU, GFX and more than likely your IDE HDD are causing you to see such bad performance.

On a side note, really looking forward to this game. DX10 ftw :D Once I get my C2Q, 4GB RAM and 8800GTX set up with 64bit Vista i'll be good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I played the demo on the xbox 360 and thought it was woeful.
    Looked pretty but that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

3ghz multiprocessor and 1gb ram is low range? i know my graphics card is fairly old but :( , was looking at 8800 gts, price of a freekin xbox 360 !

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

I ran it on my Core2Duo with 2 gb Ram and 7900GS, the frame rate was choppy in places as to be expected but not too bad overall since I ran it at 1280x1024 with fairly high detail levels.I have a 8800GTS Overclocked edition on the way but to be honest I wont be bothering with lost planet, felt more like a console game rather than a PC shooter. Might try the DX10 version of the demo just to gauge performance with the new card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Your graphics card is letting you down the most. I'd say you could handle this game with a 8800 GTS but like you said its the cost of xbox 360. If you more into playing games then building and tweaking your PC setup then get the xbox 360. You will get at least another 2 years of stress free gaming out of it and its a HD-DVD player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

plays fine on mine E6600 - 4gb ram - 8800 gts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

plays grand on my rig too. 486 DX4 100, 128 megs Ram, Voodoo 1 card.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

L31mr0d wrote:
    Your graphics card is letting you down the most. I'd say you could handle this game with a 8800 GTS but like you said its the cost of xbox 360. If you more into playing games then building and tweaking your PC setup then get the xbox 360. You will get at least another 2 years of stress free gaming out of it and its a HD-DVD player.

The Hd-Dvd player is separate and the failure rate is sickening. Stress free my ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

krazy_8s wrote:
    The Hd-Dvd player is separate and the failure rate is sickening. Stress free my ass.

Wll lost planet runs perfect on my 360...doubt it would run too well on my pc tho, so id say its a bit more stress free alright :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

TinCool wrote:
    plays grand on my rig too. 486 DX4 100, 128 megs Ram, Voodoo 1 card.

I knew those Voodoo 1 cards were future proof, good investment !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

0ubliette wrote:
    Wll lost planet runs perfect on my 360...doubt it would run too well on my pc tho, so id say its a bit more stress free alright :D
    Seconded. I'm tempted to download the demo to see how badly my system copes with it, but I've already squeezed enough enjoyment out of the 360 version while sat comfortably on my couch.

Advertisement