Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband availibility

Options
  • 02-07-2007 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I live in Kildysart county Clare. Unfortunatley no broadband service is available here yet and i cant get an answer from eircom as to when this situation will change. Several services are available in Ennis which is only 12 miles from me. I assume its not possible but would appreciate if anyone could tell me if it is possible to sign up for any service in an area where broadband is available and access it while in that area with a laptop.

thanks
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved IoffL > Broadband

For nomadic solutions look at the 3G Broadband offerings from Three and Vodafone. You might even have 3G coverage in Kildysart, I don't know.

Failing that anyone with BB in Ennis, say, could share it out wirelessly with you but you'd want to be in close proximity (parked outside). Messy arrangement, TBH, but if you knew someone well you could probably come up with some arrangement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

The Mobile Broadband from 3, O2 or Vodafone would probably be best for a mobile broadband solution.

I think 3's is probably the best on offer atm with the best coverage and cheap price but you should checkout what other BB is available in your area.

Are their no wireless operators in your area at all?

Advertisement