Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone know what happend...........

• 02-07-2007 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

To the electricity this morning, found out it was off then rang the ESB faults number, told it was off virtually everywhere and they had no ETA of when it would be back up

About 3/4's of an hour later bang it was on again

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Heard off a mate that it was a fire in a substation in Viewmount. No idea as to the accuracy of that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Electricity was still on in the Johns Hill area. Well I'll assume it was because the PC was still on and logged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PetraMac

I also heard it was a fire. Wonder how it started?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Out here in Cherrymount earlier (all me clocks flasing me when I got home!), also the BB was down maybe the local eircom cabinet also suffered.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Went about half 8 this morning when I got home from work. Everything back to normal when I woke up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

That would explain why all the comp's in the bus station were arseways this morning. Explains a lot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yup went off i ardkeen anyway. I was awoken by my pc going mental!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

There were 2 fire brigades up at Grange Manor/The Grange substation when I was passing. I didn't see the lads out with hoses or anything though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭portlairge

think about it would you use water on electricity???????????? come on

speaking from professional experience...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

portlairge wrote:
    think about it would you use water on electricity???????????? come on

speaking from professional experience...

He said "hoses or anything". I think the "anything" bit would cover whatever would be used for electricity.

As a matter of interest, what would be used for an electrical fire? I know that in our comms room at work we have an inert gas system, which works fine in an enclosed space (just that ya gots ta giddout quick!), but what would be used outdoors? Surely even CO2 would blow away?

(Sorry for going off topic, but I'm a science nerd!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

powder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Easy people!! :D I'm just saying what I saw!! :D Nobody died, that's the main thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭portlairge

inearth gasses like halon which is probably the gas in your comms room is illegal to use due to the fact that it is a cfc and damages the ozone and they were all taken out of service many years ago.

and the best extinguisher to use on an electrical fire would be CO2 as it would cause less mess than a powder.

infact if you used a powder extinguisher your cleaning bill would prob cost more than the clean up from a fire. think of it 9kg of powder all over the place.

Advertisement