Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remove radio...Hyundai Accent 2000

Options
  • 02-07-2007 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to remove the radio from a Hyundai Accent 2000. The problem is that is kinda built in too the console so it cant simple be pulled out.

If anyone has any ideas or where i could look it would be great. I attached a photo of the console incase people need a memory jog. Thanks guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Pull off the complete face plate with the heater controls in it(make sure the slider control knob doesnt go flying :) )
    If you start from the bottom and go very gently it should just pop out of place.You`ll have to disconnect all the switches as you go along and pull of the 3 knobs for the heater controls before you start.

Radio is held in with 4 screws in either corner on a stupid Hyundai "L bracket".

Bear in mind that a regular size radio wont fit into the slot,but you can buy a din sized plate from Hyundai for approx 45 euros or do what most people do and cut the old one with a dremel.

Hope this helps,
    Richie.

Advertisement