Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

where to get mazda parts in Dublin?

Options
  • 02-07-2007 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

I have mazda 626 GE and I am looking for a place where I could buy some parts for it, best would be a place selling originals as well as replacements (examples: rings/head gasket set/joints etc.) Any shop you could recommend? Perhaps online?
    Went to Halfords but they are useless for anything more than accessories.

Rgds,
    Bodo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Bodo, do *not* go to Belgard Mazda. They were charging me EUR28 for a suspension bolt and EUR4 for a cam (shaped washer) for the bolt - and I needed four of each. They claimed the prices were expensive as the parts were "special".

It's only later that I discovered www.onlinemazdaparts.com which is the website for Montgomery Mazda (dealership in North Carolina, in the States). The same bolts there were $5 each (same part number, and the cam was included). Later bought a brand new coilpack off them for 1/3 of the price here in Dublin (incl. the customs charge) !

I have also used Trussville in the States (http://www.mazdaparts.org/miata.html) but their prices aren't always as good as Montgomery's.

For standard service items like filters, brake pads, oil etc, Dunboyne Autoparts and Tallaght Autoparts get the thumbs up.

Hope that helps. If you know the part you're after, get a price from Belgard and a price from Montgomery just for a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bodo

Hi,

thx very much for your response, I surely will stay away from them :-)

how do you folks find other shops like "motor factors", "mitchells on capel street" and so on vs what you can get online? also maybe sbd could recommend a cheap(ish) motor parts shop or online retailers in Ireland/UK (US is usually too expensive as far as transportation costs go). btw. please dont mention sites that have only accessories in offer like micksgarage.ie (the most specialized part I could get there were brake pads ;p)

Thx in advance for any answers.

Rgds,
    Bodo

Advertisement