Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't Download Skype

• 02-07-2007 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

I have three machines here & all are on broadband & using IE7.

I am unable to download the latest version of Skype from www.skype.com

The download starts fine & runs to 5% but then it just sits there forever.

Steps I have tried to fix this:

1. cleared my Internet cache, Temp files & cookies.

2. uninstalled IE7 & reverted to IE6

3. Tried from a laptop (But on my broadband connection)

4. Temporarily disabled my firewall.

5. Eventually contacted Skype support & was more or less told to try all the above.

Downloads form all other sites work fine.

Anyone got any ideas on what might be causing this?

:confused::confused::confused:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ibjiba

Have you tried downloading it from a 3rd party site? Try here for example:

http://www.tucows.com/get/330391_124488

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Ibjiba wrote:
    Have you tried downloading it from a 3rd party site? Try here for example:

http://www.tucows.com/get/330391_124488

I hadn't tried that Ibjiba,

OK, that link let me download it but it's about 3 versions back from the current one.

Most of the third party sites that have the latest version are linking back to Skype's website & there's no joy there.

Having said that, your test would suggest the the issue is with the Skype Website & not my system?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Maybe try this link, it seems to have the latest version(which seems to be in Beta)
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4245.html

Not sure why you cant download it from their site, maybe use mozilla to get it? Could be due to firewall(one you dont know your running, has happened before) or the fact that the latest Skype is in Beta and you may have to register before dling it, not sure really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

OP are you on a BT connection by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anti wrote:
    OP are you on a BT connection by any chance?

I'm on Smart.

Could it have something to do with the provider?

I'm trying to eliminate the options one by one in order to identify the culprit.

Can anyone else using Smart try to download the latest version of Skype from their site? www.skype.com

Edit:

I've got the latest version from a neighoburs machine (the are on ei*com)

It's just bugging me as to why I can't download from their site (Skype)

• Advertisement
Advertisement