Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dealer fined €500 for sale of 'clocked' used car

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭TedKelly

Just wondering does anybody know what route the customer went, when taking this case against the garage (dept of consumer/SIMI/Solicitor). I know we can probably only speculate but just in case it was mentioned during the court procedure.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

have CA gotten back to you yet as they would be able to advise you on the previous case.

kbannon wrote:
    have CA gotten back to you yet as they would be able to advise you on the previous case.

Not a dickiebird, gonna have to go down a different road I think

If you haven't yet discussed this with your solicitor then do so asap.

I was just looking on the SIMI website and it says that if you have a soliciter involved you cannot file a complaint through them (very strange I thought)

• Advertisement

To be honest I would avoid the SIMI. I wouldn't bother trying to get a trade representative body to independently investigate itself!
    This is a legal matter as you were fraudently sold a car. Resolving issues like this is what solicitors are for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Just read this evening on another forum of a 05 VW van wound back from over 114K miles last week to just 40K miles this week! How blatent can you get?

I hear ya, cheers

ciarsd wrote:
    Just read this evening on another forum of a 05 VW van wound back from over 114K miles last week to just 40K miles this week! How blatent can you get?
    linky?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Aren't SIMI made up of member dealers? If so I just cannot see how they can offer any impartial advice or action to a consumer against one of their own members.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

kbannon wrote:
    linky?

This van http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=740002

traded in to a VW dealer and sold on 'in the trade'. From last weeks trade in mileage of 114K to this weeks advertised mileage of just 40K

Source from the owner who traded it in! --> http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8997

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement