Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorcycle service/repair shops

• 02-07-2007 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all,

Does anybody know of any good motorcycle mechanics/repair shops in the dublin/Kildare area? Any shops i've visited said they only do repair on bikes they've sold, or they don't do work on my bike. Suzuki GSXR 600 K1. Common enough bike i thought.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I always go to Scotts Bikes which was in Dorset Street but now moved to 281 Harrold's Cross Road, Dublin 6. I've always been happy with the service / price.

Give them a call on 01 491 0439. They should be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭dhev

I always go to Scotts Bikes which was in Dorset Street but now moved to 281 Harrold's Cross Road, Dublin 6. I've always been happy with the service / price.

Give them a call on 01 491 0439. They should be able to help.

Cheers man. It's nice to have a few choices of shops, to shop around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Give Ken in autocycles a buzz on 01 6449657. Hes on love lane, just off mount st in dublin city. He will service/repair anythin!

Ive used him for years with no issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 liamfortune76

try blakestown motorcycles only a few km from clonee 01 822 1850

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

jack nolan motorcycles in the combe (sp?)
    Mount Joy Motorcycles, at the rear oh mater hospital,
    GP motorcycles in the old connoly dart station, dave is helpful in there.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

vtec wrote:
    jack nolan motorcycles in the combe (sp?)
    Mount Joy Motorcycles, at the rear oh mater hospital,
    GP motorcycles in the old connoly dart station, dave is helpful in there.,

Mountjoy Motorcycles are gone for quite a few weeks now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

FiSe wrote:
    Mountjoy Motorcycles are gone for quite a few weeks now ;)

I keep driving by there and there's always a load of bikes outside and inside.

Has someone taken over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

colm_c wrote:
    I keep driving by there and there's always a load of bikes outside and inside.

Has someone taken over?
    No, it's empty, could you be confusing it with the honda place that's just opened across from mountjoy motors, it's directly oppisit the harley place.
    I'm well up on my motorcycle shop names me:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

dubtom wrote:
    No, it's empty, could you be confusing it with the honda place that's just opened across from mountjoy motors, it's directly oppisit the harley place.
    I'm well up on my motorcycle shop names me:D

Capital Honda,but its owned buy the Harley shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

A list of many of the repair shops can be found here;

http://www.magireland.org/shopsinf.htm

I'd reccomend Scott's on Upper Dorset St for fast/cheap repairs.

I've also heard many good things about ACE motorcycles Mountjoy Street, but haven't tried them yet.

• Advertisement

I'd reccomend Scott's on Upper Dorset St for fast/cheap repairs.
    They have now moved to 281 Harrold's Cross Road, Dublin 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

They have now moved to 281 Harrold's Cross Road, Dublin 6.

Oh, thanks for the update. Why is everyone moving/closing down lately? :D

Oh, thanks for the update. Why is everyone moving/closing down lately? :D
    I don't know... But in fairness, that Dorset Street area had more bike repair shops than the rest of Dublin! :p

I don't know... But in fairness, that Dorset Street area had more bike repair shops than the rest of Dublin! :p

Very true,it was our little red light district.;)

Dub13 wrote:
    Very true,it was our little red light district.;)
    Very well put! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 fergusdo

Anyone got the new number for Scott's now that they've moved?

Oops!!! My fault, got an unobtainable when I tried the number above and couldn't find him on the web. Tried directory enquiries and the number correct and is working again.

Sorry:confused:

So is 01 491 0439 correct then or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I'd give BMTa try. Was in there today cos I found a nice 2" piece of metal embeedded in my bac tyre and I thought it was punctured but holding pressure. Dion removed the offending object which turns out not to have penetrated through (it went in at a really steep angle) and proceeded to plug the hole with cord. No charge. Decent blokes are Iggy and Dion. They have nice new premises where the old gateworks were, big and spacious it is.

murphaph wrote:
    I'd give BMTa try. Was in there today cos I found a nice 2" piece of metal embedded in my back tyre and I thought it was punctured but holding pressure. Dion removed the offending object which turns out not to have penetrated through (it went in at a really steep angle) and proceeded to plug the hole with cord. No charge. Decent blokes are Iggy and Dion. They have nice new premises where the old gateworks were, big and spacious it is.
    And where abouts is "where the old gateworks were"? They sound very nice indeed!

• Advertisement

lol, very nice if you like concrete and steel! They are in the same yard as before, just moved into the big unit at the back. Much bigger than before.

murphaph wrote:
    lol, very nice if you like concrete and steel! They are in the same yard as before, just moved into the big unit at the back. Much bigger than before.
    But, but, but... Where is that in Dublin????

But, but, but... Where is that in Dublin????
    Blakestown Road, D15.

So is 01 491 0439 correct then or not?

Sorry for the delay, yes the number is correct and I'd certainly recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

ya tried andys bikes and bits in martinstown outside kilcullen and newbridge??

I've no number for him at the mo!!

anyone i know thats gone to him has been happy with his work but his prices are a little dear!!

I've never got anythin done by him myself but i've needed nothin beyond my own abilities done yet!!

Anybody have feedback on Northside Motorcycles on the Malahide road...?I am sticking my bike in for a service this week and I am thinking about using them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

John Elliot.
    The Italian Center.
    01 868 5024

Rear of 264 on the North Circular Road. Between the pedestrain lights at St Peters and the next set of pedestrain lights a few hundred meters down. Just before the next set in fact.

Used to have premisies on Bolton St.

Irelands only Benelli dealer, also dealer for Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda, MotoGuzzi and Ducati.

Sales, Spares, Service.

I've been using him for three years now and he's always paid that extra special attention to detail that you don't get in other bike shops. Everything on the bike is always just right when you get it back.

Fair prices too, unlike a lot of places these days.

Ask over on IBF and you'll find a bunch of people raving about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭carlosfandango

saobh_ie wrote:
    John Elliot.
    The Italian Center.
    01 868 5024

Rear of 264 on the North Circular Road. Between the pedestrain lights at St Peters and the next set of pedestrain lights a few hundred meters down. Just before the next set in fact.

Used to have premisies on Bolton St.

Irelands only Benelli dealer, also dealer for Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda, MotoGuzzi and Ducati.

Sales, Spares, Service.

I've been using him for three years now and he's always paid that extra special attention to detail that you don't get in other bike shops. Everything on the bike is always just right when you get it back.

Fair prices too, unlike a lot of places these days.

Ask over on IBF and you'll find a bunch of people raving about him.

I was put in the direction of John in The Italian Centre recently by a friend that runs a Monster. I have had such bad experience with so many "mainstream" bike retailers over the years.
    I gave him my old Bonnie that had been off the road for nearly eight months and he took it in his stride. Back on the road again and going better than ever.. If you are reading, thanks John.
    Due to go back to him to change some jets and change the oil in the forks and happy to do so. Nice bloke, easy going and professional. The way it should be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Dub13 wrote:
    Anybody have feedback on Northside Motorcycles on the Malahide road...?I am sticking my bike in for a service this week and I am thinking about using them.

You know Ive used them, and I thought they were a bit pricy, You should make sure to tell them exactly what you want done, Or else he will end up changing break pads and the works :-(

If you seem like you know your bike, you wont get burned im sure....

most expensive LT of oil I ever got :-(

• Advertisement
Advertisement