Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

sum 41

• 02-07-2007 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

seen sum41's new video last weekend. i was sickened. i have all their albums. they were the first 'rock/punk' band i got into, so i have always had a soft spot for them. their albums have gradualy been getting heavier, their last one was class, proper guitar solos and everything! then dave left, he wasnt repalced:eek: the new song they have released id like somthing they did in 2001! very pop. im not impressed!! i probably wont be buying this album. any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i saw their new video and it was just crap,I was they same as you,liked them ages ago so i had a soft spot but definitely wont be getting the new album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Yeah I really liked Were all to Blame from Chuck. Like a proper fast metal song. The new stuff is **** like you said, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i see their vids on scuzz from time to time, i really like there music, haven't seen anything from their new album. doesn't sound good anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

yea shocked and appauled were the words that came into my head. Apparently dave didnt write much of the last album but it was his departure that made them want to go back to there softer roots.

daves new band are tripe too, i miss the sum 41 i knew and loved :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Patricide wrote:
    yea shocked and appauled were the words that came into my head. Apparently dave didnt write much of the last album but it was his departure that made them want to go back to there softer roots.

daves new band are tripe too, i miss the sum 41 i knew and loved :(
    i read an interview dave did with total guitar after spliting with the band, he said he wrote no guitar riffs for the new album, he was constantly wrighting solos. Which is funny, as i dont think there will be a solo of any quality on the new album. The new album had potiental to be like The Black Album, instead they made an American Idiot!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Songs like Still Waiting, Pain For Pleasure, Over mY Head, and We Are all to blame, were great. This new effort has In Too Deep written all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

if the vids are as funny as in too deep i wont mind :) but i know they wont be :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

if the vids are as funny as in too deep i wont mind :) but i know they wont be :(
    same idea as in too deep, cheerleaders and stuff, but not funny. Music is sh1t though, its just pop rock

Advertisement