Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coke Zero

• 02-07-2007 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

for me it tastes just as bad as Diet Coke, a complete waste of money, some sort of Pepsi Max stunt.

It's a no no from me anyway, somebody should be shot for inventing this and pretending to fat people that there is a Diet Coke that tastes the same a real Coke. What about the Fat people !!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tensecyclist

Hmm..haven't tasted but I don't like the taste of diet coke either. Glad I don't have to worry bout fats though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

its horrible,but everyone seems to love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I moved over to diet coke years ago because I used to drink 3ltrs a day of coke. Now I am on maybe 750mls a day and love diet coke/ hate regular coke ...... Coke Zero is HORRID!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

i haven't tasted it, but isn't it supposed to taste just like normal coke??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No it doesn't, it is coke without sugar, it tastes like a mixture between coke and diet coke, really bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭Archeron

I think it tastes like normal coke, which is good because Diet Coke is mank. However, I wont drink it out of principle because of those fooking ads.
    Pepsi max is my only acceptable fizzy rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Tastes almost as good as real Coke to me, love the stuff.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,322 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've just had my first, and last, can of Coke Zero. Whoever Coca Cola employ as their official taster should find himself another job if he thinks this stuff tastes like real Coke. It's sickly sweet with a cloying aftertaste, which is still there even though I finished the can 10 minutes ago. Vile stuff altogether, and terribly disappointing as I wouldn't drink Diet Coke if you paid me and I though I might finally have something slightly less tooth rotting to feed my Coke habit with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

zaph wrote:
    cloying aftertaste.

I had to look the word cloying up, having done so, I agree with the description

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think it does taste far more like real coke than diet coke, the recent renaming is clever like pepsi max & 7up zero, it is just a marketing scam so homophobic & macho men will buy it without looking like a girl/ponce :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I prefer it also. It is quite similar tasting to normal coke. Tastes much better than diet coke.

Cant beat a Sprite Zero though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

rubadub wrote:
    men will buy it without looking like a girl

Well said rubadub, that's exactly how I feel about Diet Coke. I drank it once by accident, it was not the brightest of pubs, very embarrassing indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

thats partly why they brought out zero,so that more men would buy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

It's not bad, not quite as nice as the real stuff though.

Anyone ever taste Coca Cola Blak? (Yes, I'm sad to say, it is spelt like that) It's RANK!! http://www.coca-colablak.com/us/index.jsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Zero calerie goodness that doesn't taste like that saccharine sh1te diet coke, I'm on three bottles a day, I highly recommend

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,322 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There's already a thread about it on the Snacks & Sweets forum here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

^^ What the mighty zaph said! Come on MooseJam - you never heard of search?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Tasted it today after reading this thread. Wouldn't buy it again really, it's nothing like the real thing.

Irish Wolf wrote:
    ^^ What the mighty zaph said! Come on MooseJam - you never heard of search?

are you being sarcastic, there is no search, or else i need to get my eyes checked

• Advertisement

Coke zero is the business, to anyone who says it tastes as bad as diet coke - you are wrong OK, diet coke is saccharine nastiness, there is no sacharrine taste from coke zero, it's nearly as good as the real thing, I'm drinking a bottle as I type this and I shall have a few more before the day is out and best of all it's not going to make me fat, Coke Zero could be the solution to the obesity problem. If you see coke zero in the shops buy it to make sure they stock more !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I never got diet coke or coke zero for some reason. I always thought it tasted like fizzy water, no taste whatsoever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

dellas1979 wrote:
    Cant beat a Sprite Zero though.

Boooo! Sprite Zero is terrible terrible stuff. Boooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Am I right in saying that coke zero is the same as diet coke just with a more "manly" (:rolleyes:) label? Or is there actually a difference?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

AFAIK, yes.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

JohnK wrote:
    Am I right in saying that coke zero is the same as diet coke just with a more "manly" (:rolleyes:) label? Or is there actually a difference?

no, it does taste closer to normal coke than diet coke imo.

it is supposed to taste the same as normal coke but doesn't. So a diet coke for men really, although it tastes enitirely different from either normal or diet coke.

I don't like it, I prefer diet coke, but I can see how always having free handbag offers on the labels affects their sales to men not as comfortable with their masculinity as me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Suppose I'll have to try some so if its different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I like it, but I must say that it does not taste the same as the original coca cola. As for saying that its exactly the same as diet, I can say it most certainly is not anything like diet, Diet is muck.

Coke Zero is zero cals, and diet has more feckin flavours in it that is likeabel (to make up for the lack of sugar content). There is definately a distinct difference between coke, coke zero, and diet coke.

Diet is dire, rotten horrible stuff.

Zero is drinkable and likeable.

Coke.... nonetheless is still the king. (in my books)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Diet Coke is a foul foul thing. I tried Zero the other day and I have to say it's not even close to the original. While it does taste better than Diet I won't be buying it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Coke certainly is king, but I'm on the Zero stuff as it's helping with my diet. Significantly, down about 1.5 stone in just over 2.5 months, and it's in no small part linked to my drop in intake of sugar laden fizzy drinks (read lucozade, full fat coke).

Advertisement