Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple base station with BT Broadband

• 02-07-2007 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Ive been having some trouble with setting up my apple router....

I have the newest Apple Airport Extreme base station (802.11n) and Zyxel DSL modem I got from BT Broadband.

I followed the simple instructions in the Airport utility (by the way - im using a Intel Core Duo Macbook to setup)....I chose to connect using PPPoE and entered my username and password that i got from calling BT's helpline. When the base station restarts with the configuration it cant find the PPPoE host..... no luck ringing BT as they say they dont offer technical support for the Apple base station.....

Whats even stranger is that if I configure the router to use DHCP everything seems to work fine.... even though the amber light on the base station always flashes and the utility tells me the base station need attention....

Has anyone successfully set up a Apple base station to work with BT broadband? Or even Eircom for that matter?

Appreciate help on this.....

John.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I dont know the bt modem but if it is a router then you will have to put it in bridge mode. On the other hand you say that when you configure the apple to use dhcp it works fine so what exactly are you worrying about?

Advertisement