Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wellingtons..

Options
  • 02-07-2007 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a shop convenient to Dublin that sells decent wellingtons such as Hunter, Aigle, and other quality wellingtons...

Mainly for my mucking about with dogs and horses, I spend a lot of time in wellingtons and want to buy a good comfortable pair.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

If you know Ashford in Co. Wicklow (just 20 mins down the N11) there's a shop in the Mount Usher Gardens shopping courtyard that sells them.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

I don't know if the wellie man is still around, he supplies Aigle and hunter. He is usually at the fairs. I can't recommend him highly enough. Got a great deal on a pair of Aigles and when I caught the buckle at the side of one, some time later, and broke it all I did was call him. I rang on the friday and on Monday morning I got 2 new free ones in the post. His name was Richard Davern and the numbers I have are 061 453226 and 0872977500

Mallards

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭fits

Thanks for the hints.. I know Ashford well, so I'll call in there...

OH has a pair of Aigle Parcours, of which I'm dead jealous...

What kind of fairs does the wellie man go to mallards? Would he be around the Wicklow area ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Sharpie

If you are in that neck of the woods maybe try the Glanbia co-op in Ashford or Rathdrum also to price.

I have seen Hunter there for sure and as far as I recall Agile also.

That Glanbia in Ashford is v expensive, the horsy gear is way overpriced...
    The shop aint to well organised either... I'll have a look though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

I have seen him at three places, Shanes castle, emo and that shooting /fishing thing they have at the exibition centre near Dublin airport every spring.

Mallards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Have you tried online? I buy nearly all my shooting/fishing gear that way nowadays, quick and easy and you know your getting the best deal.

I have... Thats what I'll probably do in the end.

My old pair is probably going to have to do for next week (which is what I was initially buying for)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Rosahane

You could also try Fields in Newtownmountkennedy who I think have a sale on at the moment or Homestead outside Rathcoole.

got sorted in the end with these
    http://www.internetgardener.co.uk/ig/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductId=1641
    I got them for half that price including postage.

They look comfy enough for all the walking I do. I'll keep an eye out for that wellington guy for the more heavy duty stuff (not really at anything atm that requires it)

• Advertisement
Advertisement