Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage: relief other than TRS

Options
  • 02-07-2007 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

sorry if this is the wrong forum but boards.ies keeps crashing if I try navigate through other categories.

In brief I have a smallish mortgage (c120k) and tax relief is been deducted at source for it

I also have a 12k loan from when I originally moved directly related to the house purchase, I am wondering can I claim Tax Relief on the interest on this.

I under stand the concepts but reading the limits etc I don't get it - is 4000.00 the limit in interest you can claim relief against, or the limit in relief you can claim etc etc.

Would any one have an idea if there is tax relief I am not availing off (1st time buyer )

(please move if the wrong forum)

thanks a million

Advertisement