Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Max pack

Options
  • 02-07-2007 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting NTL's Max pack - will be based in Dublin 8.

Any ideas if this is any good?. BB is supposed to be 6MB with free Wireless Router and installation.

Just wondering if the service is any good?. Have read mixed reports from "absolutely brilliant, never any issues" to "prepare for early grave" scenarios.

Just wondering what you guys thought.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Please do a search there are a zillion threads on NTL's recent performance or non performance depending on where you happen to be located.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

dub45 wrote:
    Please do a search there are a zillion threads on NTL's recent performance or non performance depending on where you happen to be located.

Thank you. Your reply has been useful. I've done a search and there is no reference to Performance of this product in Dublin 8.

Should anyone care to give a response on their experience with this service in Dublin 8 I would be grateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

NTL/UPC/Chorus have the same poor customer service, traffic shaping and
    over contention issues in pretty much all parts of Dublin. Nothing special
    just because you're in D8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Hey,

I also live in d8 and i use magnet, i have an uncontested 8 mg line, and i am very happy with it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Andy-Pandy wrote:
    Hey,

I also live in d8 and i use magnet, i have an uncontested 8 mg line, and i am very happy with it

Magnet don't do services for residential customers anymore,. so no point in looking at them

If you can get it I'd suggest go with Smart,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Cabaal wrote:
    Magnet don't do services for residential customers anymore,. so no point in looking at them

Really!!!! Lucky me then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Cabaal wrote:

Best of my knowledge, they do. They just aren't spending money advertising them. If the are in yur area, and you call them, you should get it. But you have to do all the running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭amandac

hi i am in the dublin 8 area and i would advise you strongly not to go near ntl, after having it for a year i immedietly cancelled it, when i first got it speeds were great but after about 2 months i couldnt even open my internet from about 5 - 11 o clock, i have now got eircom and although they are more expensive for me they are well worth the money, as my speeds are constant and i have not had any problems so far, hope this helps

Advertisement