Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 weeks and morning sickness

Options
  • 02-07-2007 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

hi all i'm now 12 weeks pregnant and my morning sickness is getting worse is this normal as i've read its supposed to get better around this time.Before i only felt sick now i'm full blown head down the toilet sick.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Some women only have 'morning sickness' for the first 3 to 4 months some have it for longer and some have it for nearly the full length of the pregnancy.

It could be that you have to learn to manage it and learn what to eat to combat it or what not to eat or eating a snack every 2 to 4 hours to have something in your stomach so that you don't throw up.

If you are finding it hard to deal with then I would suggest that you talk to your dr about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

On DD (my 3rd child) I had morning, afternoon and evening sickness until the day I delivered - I found light and frequent meals worked well and also ginger ale did seem to help a little. One thing that comforted me a little was one of my idwives said to me that it is the pregnancy hormones that cause the sickness - as long as you're feeling crappy you can rest easy that your body is doing its best for your little one ( not much comfort I know):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Its normal as long as you are keeping some food down. I am still retching and i'm 25 weeks.

Theres a really big pregnancy forum here:

http://www.ivillage.co.uk/pregnancyandbaby/boards/0,,,00.html

where you can chat with people who are due the same time as you - i regularly pop into mums due october and find it reassuring when people are having similar symptoms to mine.

In saying that dont be afraid to go to your GP or care provider if you are worried about anything.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

It can happen like that op, yes. I was really sick till about 16 weeks, then went into full on blooming mode.:) Just eat what you can, avoid heavy foods. Little and often worked best for me (try not to let your stomach be 'empty').

And why they call it morning sickness Ill never know, its usually morning noon and night.

Most of all, dont worry that its harming your child, it wont. The child will get the nourishment it needs from you regardless. Just do your best to get thru it, it will end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

Same here, bad sickness all day for about 20weeks then it subsided thank goodness although it was still there, I never got my appetite back completely.

I heard that eating ginger biscuits before you actually get out of bed in the morning can help? Something in the ginger calms queasiness, I know it is recommended for travel sickness too. I never tried it mind, just learnt the art of throwing up quietly.

On a slightly brighter note, one "good" thing about sicky feelings is that you won't be tempted to over eat "for 2". I gained just less than 2 stone in each of my pregnancies (both 8lb babies) and lost it all quite quickly after, although I think breastfeeding helped. However I'm the same weight now as I was at 9 mths pregnant 13 years ago, that is slightly depressing, bring back morning sickness lol.

I hope you have a smooth pregnancy and delivery OP, all this will all fade into the dim and distant past when you cuddle your baby :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement