Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

From bicycle to Motorbike...

• 02-07-2007 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I am 23 and have decided to upgrade my 10cc legs to that of a 75cc engine(basically anything 125 and under) Just wondering what's the best way to go about it. I am going to need a bike asap(2months) thinking of an nsr 75 or something similar. Anybody got any recommendations? What's the deal with getting a bike license now anyway? Can I just do a theory test or do I have to do a driving test? Never ridden anything but a moped and I crashed that. I have read the FAQ but got a bit confused

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

You need to apply for a Theory test first, unless you have previously had a provisional licence, in that case you can just apply for the prov licence.

I went straight from a bicycle to a cbr250, insurance was about 1300€ when i first got it with no previous NCB.

Lessons could be good but I didn't get any. Not sure what else to say but if you have anymore questions I'll try help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

RasTa wrote:
    Yes, I am 23 and have decided to upgrade my 10cc legs to that of a 75cc engine(basically anything 125 and under) Just wondering what's the best way to go about it. I am going to need a bike asap(2months) thinking of an nsr 75 or something similar. Anybody got any recommendations? What's the deal with getting a bike license now anyway? Can I just do a theory test or do I have to do a driving test? Never ridden anything but a moped and I crashed that. I have read the FAQ but got a bit confused

Thanks in advance.
    I'm going to suggest lessons before a bike tbh. A bike requires even more skill than a moped and as you say, you crashed one of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭bandit*baby

i'd also advocate lessons .... you can never rely on the other people driving to know what they are doing and on a motorbike its vital to understand road positioning, roundabouts etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

RasTa wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I recently changed from 4 to 2 wheels.
    I blogged my changeover you may find some useful info here http://bikeireland.blogspot.com

Advertisement