Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you from in d Deise?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭bored and tired

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Dungarvan.

Hi everyone.

hey Mossy Monk, Dungarvan here as well.

Bad points
    As everyone is talking about shops. why the hell did they put mcdonalds and lidl just off roundabout, its impossible to get out of them when traffic anyway heavy.

Good points, half hour free parking, shopping centre, clonea beach over the road and ballinroad kids club is A1,

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Great place that Clonea Beach is (or at least was!) :) Aint been out there in a long time now tho, whats it like these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Sully wrote:
    The old Xtra Vision / Londis was a dunnes if I recall correctly.
    no that was darrers, never a dunnes in tramore

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

no that was darrers, never a dunnes in tramore

Ahhh ya, sorry. I vaguely remember that name, was it a local store or some franchise?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Sully wrote:
    Maybe it should be. The convo is on both.

Chillax a bit mate, its hardly bringing this convo off-topic.

Chillax is right. :eek:

Hi everyone, my name is DéiseGirl and I'm from Tramore, in the COUNTY of Waterford. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Sully wrote:
    Ahhh ya, sorry. I vaguely remember that name, was it a local store or some franchise?

There used be a darrer's stores as well in what is now red square. It used be where McD's is now.

tonc76 wrote:
    There used be a darrer's stores as well in what is now red square. It used be where McD's is now.

Thanks to Google for pointing me to this small article. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Sully wrote:
    Thanks to Google for pointing me to this small article. :)

LOL, with a link to the thread on UTD started by moi :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Sully wrote:
    The old Xtra Vision / Londis was a dunnes if I recall correctly.
    it was,nt dunnes sully twas darrer,s big difference there haha by the way i,m a tramore head from downtown beirut, hey sully can ya find on wikipedia wat the darrer family are up ta these days haha

it was,nt dunnes sully twas darrer,s big difference there haha by the way i,m a tramore head from downtown beirut, hey sully can ya find on wikipedia wat the darrer family are up ta these days haha

... aye that was cleared up earlier in the thread if you read it..

wikipedia.com

• Advertisement

Sully wrote:
    ... aye that was cleared up earlier in the thread if you read it..

wikipedia.com
    i know ye did,nt read all of it till after i replied haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i know ye did,nt read all of it till after i replied haha

Your posts are very hard to read.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Your posts are very hard to read.
    how are they my friend, i speak english and write english just like every1 else!!!

how are they my friend, i speak english and write english just like every1 else!!!

Its more like txt spk. Basically, talk in full words. Simple spelling and grammar mistakes happen to all of us, but txt speak which is what I would say your doing - is very hard to make out.

Sully wrote:
    Its more like txt spk. Basically, talk in full words. Simple spelling and grammar mistakes happen to all of us, but txt speak which is what I would say your doing - is very hard to make out.
    alrite sorry lads i won,t text speak again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Slash_irl

I Used to live in Tramore.. the Cul de sac right up from Tramore Park! Was an amazing town to live in, used to go to the Gael Scoil when it was in the old building. Shame I live out in the hills o' donegal now :/.

I remember how L&N was where Super Valu used to be, and Londis has changed aswell! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

hey Mossy Monk, Dungarvan here as well.

Bad points
    As everyone is talking about shops. why the hell did they put mcdonalds and lidl just off roundabout, its impossible to get out of them when traffic anyway heavy.

Good points, half hour free parking, shopping centre, clonea beach over the road and ballinroad kids club is A1,
    Er... Heavy traffic? That road connecting the shopping centre and the main road is never busy!

Dungarvan here too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Tramore man here too, well just outside it but went to school there and grew up around there.. Stuck in Dublin now and longing for the day when I get back to a decent part of the country

ohhhh I'm gonna hang for that one!! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Leonitos..

Old news mate, move on.. :rolleyes:

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mahon Falls

Lived for years in London, Dublin, Limerick, Cork, Wicklow, Wexford and Tipperary and moved to Waterford 10 years ago. No question, County Waterford is A 1 and streets ahead of the rest. Of course it could be better but thats up to the people living in the area and no one else. Too many people talking the place down. Up Mahon Falls for the Sean Kelly Tour of Waterford last Sunday and proud to be from Waterford. Great buzz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭bf1

Near Ballymacarbry meself, went to the 'oul CBS in Dungarvan
    Good times :)

Great Scenery here, not too many down sides really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Living in Sligo, but I'm a Woodstown gal myself. I miss the Sunny South East, the Wesht has nothing on it.

Oh, best things about Woodstown: The scenery - it's one of the most beautiful places in the country. The way I used be able to walk to and from work (in the Sara) along the beach - what a commute!

Bad things: The price of land/houses. There is absolutely no way I will ever earn enough to buy/build there. Ever. :( Which means my parents will have to live forever so I can go visiting. :)

Cant your parents just leave you the land / house? I know those areas you have to be related to build.. dont think its that expensive tho..

Not much land there. And I've two sisters too. Doesn't seem like it'd be very fair for me to get the house just 'cos I'm the eldest. :) My parents have said that they'll most likely sell up and move to the village when they retire anyway. They see no reason to just give us a house they worked hard to pay for. Which is fair enough!

Sully wrote: »
    I know those areas you have to be related to build.. dont think its that expensive tho..

I haven't heard that. My cousin (who grew up next door to me) had to buy in Waterford 'cos she couldn't afford to even buy a site at home. And if you had to be related to people in the area, I think all the doctors who've built in the area in the last number of years would have found it a lot harder....

Sadly the whole Woodstown/Dunmore East area is a prize example of how you can build what you want, where you want, as long as you slip a few bob to the right people.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Spent many many summers (and plenty of winters) in Dunmore East, could literally write a travel book on the place. Granddad was born and raised in Killea, and family owned a mobile home in Dunmore until recently. If there's one place on earth I could live it would be Dunmore East.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

lemmon im from dungarvan myself but living in dundalk while in college. what id like to know what the hell happened to my fav pub in the town the parish. last time i was in there it was as bad as kiely's. really got to me. been going to that pub since the day it opened. know any other good places to when i pop home??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Those pubs should remain open at all times. Keeps a lot of the knackers from other pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

dungarvan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

kiely's cross

Advertisement