Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray....

• 02-07-2007 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if there is a good gym in Bray?? I'm working out here now and would like to avoid traffic some evenings.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A couple of relatives are members of the Royal Hotel gym, you could check that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I used to go to the Loughlinstown Sports Center. It's really good, not much equipment and facilities are pretty poor, however, there's a great work ethic in the place and no posers, everyone is there to work out and get fit. It's used by the Irish Rugby team too when they are training in Gerard's.

You should get the number in the book. It's quite convenient for Bray.

Oh yeah, congrats on the first ever post in the Wicklow forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Found this list here, don't know how up to date it is...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,740 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The Royal Hotel Gym is really nice. Worth joining.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Yeah i second that but i think there is also a jackie skellys onthe southern cross near the hotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lol i pass that road everyday and that's the first time i've heard about that.
    shows you how much i pay attention to things :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

I live near the southern cross and i'm sure that there is no gym in the area. I did hear there are plans to build one but thats no help to 'smooth operator'. I was a member of the royal gym and didn't think a whole lot of it(literally). The place is small with very little equipment.

A couple of my relations are members of the gym in Greystones and they recomend it. I think thats the jackie skelly's referred to in earlier post.

Hope it helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Jackalb

I know someone who joined Zest accross from the Ramada Hotel and they are very impressed so far - this may be out of your way as its on the back road from Bray to Greystones - however the N11 is just up the road:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

tattoo wrote:
    I live near the southern cross and i'm sure that there is no gym in the area. I did hear there are plans to build one but thats no help to 'smooth operator'.

No thats right its Zest on the southern cross, i know there was a gym there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,424 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If your a female, there is a gym above the Star fitness shop, across the road from Superquinn. Its a womens only gym...dont know how they got away with the massive banner advertising that, considering equality and all that. Wow, I was bored on the bus home from school anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭JasperKat

I'd recommend the Leisure club at the Glenview hotel on N11, you have the benefit of a lovely, clean, cool, well-equipped gym, along with the use of the pool; sauna & steam room.

In 6mths of membership I've never seen the gym crowded (i'm up there 3 times pw) & the staff are very helpful, knowledgable & friendly.

Jasper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

irishbird wrote:
    No thats right its Zest on the southern cross, i know there was a gym there :D

My apologies. I didn't think Zest was a gym for men and women. I thought it was a womens fitness centre.

Have you been to Zest. What's it like. Only live down the road and really(really) need to get in shape.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

JasperKat wrote:
    I'd recommend the Leisure club at the Glenview hotel on N11, you have the benefit of a lovely, clean, cool, well-equipped gym, along with the use of the pool; sauna & steam room.

In 6mths of membership I've never seen the gym crowded (i'm up there 3 times pw) & the staff are very helpful, knowledgable & friendly.

Jasper

I second that, am not a member but my sister works there and have been a few times. Will pass on the staff compliments to my sis Jasper.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭BROS

I'm a member in Jackie Skelly's in Charlesland Greystones. Decent enough equiptment, but attitude/service from staff is DREADFUL!!! Really puts me off going there. You're singed up on a 12 month contract, they know they have you by the jewels, so they don't care

Money makin Rip Off!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭briscotti

If I recall correctly you have to pay for the year is that right?
    Am considering it.... Any shorter options like 2/4/6 months? This is a big step for me and want to make sure it's going well before wasting a load of cash!!!... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

4 and a half year thread! :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement