Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting a training contract....

• 02-07-2007 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I am about to start looking for a training contract with a solicitor.
    I have an arts degree and all the FE-1s and six weeks experience in a law firm.

I have applied to do the law society diploma in trust and estate planning in order to enhance the law academic side of cv and also because the course seems to be very pratical in that it covers what is done in practice.

I plan on dropping my Cv into many general practice solicitors ( as this is the area i would like to work in) and following up with a second letter saying i would be willing to work to part time for no remuneration if i can get experience.

I would basically like people to post their experiences of securing a training contract and the best way of going about it. Also if anyone knows much about the diploma- opinions on that would also be welcome.

Thanks

Advertisement