Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Publishing a website from VS2005

Options
  • 02-07-2007 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

So i finally upgraded to Visual Studio 2005. I just opened a project that was done in 2003 and converted it. All went well with the conversion.

I used to have a dll in the bin folder called ftrWeb.dll. This has now dissappeared and the only ones in there are for premade controls im using (i.e. ajax controls).

I want to publish this project to a live server but i think i need the ftrWeb.dll file to make everything work !!

I know there is a feature called publish website but im really not sure what to do or how that works.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Publish website will push the site to the webserver and compile it for you..

Is the DLL missing from the bin folder? I am guesiing that the project wont compile at the moment. Copy the DLL in and reference it in the add references for the project... Recompile and check it and then publish

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

thanks Ginger, that worked great.

Im still a bit confused by all these randomly named dll's in my bin folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Such as... the BIN folder contains all references used by the project so that you dont have to install them to the server

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

See the attached image.

Advertisement