Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lowdown on SLigo!

Options
  • 02-07-2007 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

the low down on sligo town??! Might be heading to the IT there in september so I'd love to know what it's like!! Any info appreciated on student villages or stuff like that...thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hmmm... well, student villages near the IT consist of Ard Nua (www.ardnua.com) and Yeats Village (www.yeatsvillage.ie).

"Trendy" (or "dingy" depending on your outlook) student bars would be The Brewery (near the IT), O Neills and The Leitrim. Clubs are Toffs, Envy and The Velvet Room (over 23)

Any other questions, do ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Shenanigans would be a popular place for Students. It is closed for a major refurb and will reopen in November I think

I think a new place is opening on Rockwood parade soon also.

McHughes is another good spot but generally at the weekend.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If you want great internet access go with yeats village. They use the college network for their internet and it is fast. Great for downloading (of course all perfectly legit files). Otherwise ard nua would be the better one to go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

envy is a good spot but be prepared for the smell!!!!!!its dreadful1!!!oh and i lived in yeats last year its terrible and they treat ya like sh*t if ya have a problem!!!not worth wasting ur money and theyll keep ur deposit no matter wat lol.and the left bank is a great spot but u may need a few pound and ur id with ya!!!and dont wear any white stiletto boots or runners there either lolo!!

flynnser19 wrote:
    .. and the left bank is a great spot but u may need a few pound and ur id with ya!!!and dont wear any white stiletto boots or runners there either lolo..
    Yep.. they weren't too fond of my white stilletto boots last time i was there!

Said it was a crime against fashion.... well, i never!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

but the superman onesie was allowed,

when will they ever learn

nanook wrote:
    but the superman onesie was allowed,

when will they ever learn
    Helluva memory there nanook! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 miabella

Thanks for all the tips and stuff. What are the chances of getting a job there??

miabella wrote:
    Thanks for all the tips and stuff. What are the chances of getting a job there??
    What kinda work you interested in?

Not the easiest place to find work.

Bar work and work in supermarkets (Lidl, Dunnes, Tesco) can be found fairly easy. Or Toucan in Finisklin is always hiring (though possibly not given the student hours and such)

Go for work in a supermarket if you're not too fussy but send in an application for each as soon as you accept an offer from the IT as they can have pretty large waitings list to get through.

It's also worth looking for an apartment very soon after you get your offer - either on campus or in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

I think a new place is opening on Rockwood parade soon also.

do you mean where mcgraths used to be? that's being turned into a french shop/wine tasting place. owned by the girl who runs osta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

white stilletto boots are a crime to fashion!!!maybe you westies think they're nice lololol im only joking!!!i do hate them though!!!

flynnser19 wrote:
    white stilletto boots are a crime to fashion!!!maybe you westies think they're nice lololol im only joking!!!i do hate them though!!!

Come again?:confused::confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

flynnser19 wrote:

That's pretty random.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

i stayed in Clarion Village. Great spot. Highly recommended. Only disadvantage is that its the opposite side of the college to the town so unless u have a car u mite be getting taxis alot or else walking alot

Good way to keep fit!

Seriously though it is a bit of a trek!

Advertisement