Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wondering how much my bike and accessories is worth

Options
  • 02-07-2007 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

I have an scr 3 owned since last october. Theres 1000km up on it and is well looked after. It was only out in the rain twice. I have no time for cycling now so I might get rid of it for a good price.

So heres the kit... Everything very well looked after and in perfect nick.

Giant SCR 3.0 cost €700 (large frame)
    with Shimano R540 pedals - cost €55
    Cateye Astrale 8 cycle computer - cost €40

Tacx cycleforce swing (pro trainer) cost €235 + Trainer tyre (cost €20)
    (includes box and perfectly kept packaging)

Met helmet cost €100 (deadly design)

Mavic aksium race rims back cost €100 front cost €90 with michelin pro race tyres with a tiagra cassette.
    These are deadly looking rims and make the bike look class along with the
    red michelins to match the colour scheme of the bike.

About 8 or 9 spare tubes still in box.

Foot pump - Cost €40 and is very nice.

On bike pump - Nice, neat an handy one I got for about €15

Car carrier - Cost €70 - nice and strong, very good quality.

Heart rate monitor - €25

Also have windbreaker worth €100, Thermal t-shirt, shoes, jersey if anyones interested in them.

So there's a total of four wheels! The two originals of which one has the trainer tyre on for the tacx swing and the two mavics with michelins.

I have no digital camera so i'm not sure if i'll be able to get pictures up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

posting you a pm about the windshielder and gear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I also have Joe Friels "The cyclists training bible" - Looks brand new and
    chris carmichaels "Food for fitness" - Perfect nick. I'll probably post this stuff on adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I must say i've just been looking through the images of beauty thread and it's making me reconsider selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

I have an scr 3 owned since last october. Theres 1000km up on it and is well looked after. It was only out in the rain twice. I have no time for cycling now so I might get rid of it for a good price.

So heres the kit... Everything very well looked after and in perfect nick.

Giant SCR 3.0 cost €700 (large frame)
    with Shimano R540 pedals - cost €55
    Cateye Astrale 8 cycle computer - cost €40

Tacx cycleforce swing (pro trainer) cost €235 + Trainer tyre (cost €20)
    (includes box and perfectly kept packaging)

Met helmet cost €100 (deadly design)

Mavic aksium race rims back cost €100 front cost €90 with michelin pro race tyres with a tiagra cassette.
    These are deadly looking rims and make the bike look class along with the
    red michelins to match the colour scheme of the bike.

About 8 or 9 spare tubes still in box.

Foot pump - Cost €40 and is very nice.

On bike pump - Nice, neat an handy one I got for about €15

Car carrier - Cost €70 - nice and strong, very good quality.

Heart rate monitor - €25

Also have windbreaker worth €100, Thermal t-shirt, shoes, jersey if anyones interested in them.

So there's a total of four wheels! The two originals of which one has the trainer tyre on for the tacx swing and the two mavics with michelins.

I have no digital camera so i'm not sure if i'll be able to get pictures up.

I'll give you a fiver for it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I would guess a rule of thumb for second-hand stuff in good condition might be 60%-70% new?

Depending of course on what it is and what new alternatives might be currently available on sale locally or from an Irish-postage-friendly interweb retailer.

Some stuff will fare better, I don't imagine there is much scope for anything to wear out/go wrong with a car carrier for example so I imagine wouldn't depreciate so badly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement