Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas needed! (Music)

Options
  • 02-07-2007 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey everyone, i wonder if one of you could be of service, im doing a period piece for the stage but i want all the music to be real modern, something very atmospheric i.e sigur ros but also more upbeat kinda music to obut of similar enough style... but im actually musically challenged so i need help :confused: so anybody that has any ideas they would be much appricated. (They story itself is dark but the music itself doesn't need to be dark.) Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Lemonjelly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 unwashed

Lemon jelly... mmm interesting, didn't think of that... thanks! But keep em coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

Gotan Project, v. atmospheric

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 unwashed

can't say i've heard of them but i'll get straight on it, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

pink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Try looking at Kila, and Irish band. Their Luna Park album is good.

I asume you don't want songs with too many lyrics, right?

Echo & The Bunnymen might be good too.
    Also look at Rodrigo y Gabriela. They're Mexican speed guitar so are quite fast.

Or you good go the route of Gorillaz...

But if you really want to win the audience over, you can't go wrong with The Wu-Tang Clan. Fo' sho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Aphex Twin & Bjork perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭booth

Boards of Canada can be nice and atmospheric but with happy overtones if that's what you're looking for.

Advertisement