Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Story Of NWO

• 02-07-2007 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Haven't watched wrestling in a while and when i did i used to watch WWE because nobody was showing WCW. When i did get to see WCW i really liked it but i didn't really know much about it or the wrestlers.

What i want to know is,is has there been DVD made covering the story of the NWO since it's beginings,chronicaling (sp?) all the members and titles held etc?

If so,where i can i get it? Or is there anyway i can watch it online?

Thanks for any help in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah good old Nitro on TNT. :)This one but only available on Region 1 by the looks of it. I'm sure it can be gotten cheaper elsewhere. There is also the Monday Night War (RAW V Nitro) available that might be of interest to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I have the 'Back in black' DVD (got it free with some WWE SmackDown! game). It's not very comprehensive, but it gives a decent showing of how they started and has some good matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Anto McC wrote:
    What i want to know is,is has there been DVD made covering the story of the NWO since it's beginings,chronicaling (sp?) all the members and titles held etc?

If so,where i can i get it? Or is there anyway i can watch it online?

Thanks for any help in advance :)

WWE produced NWO Back In Black in April 2002 which barely covers 1996-2002. And what i mean by that is it covers 96 and 97, skims over 98 and jumps straight ahead to 2002. It basically chronicles the Hall, Nash and Hogan era.

It's not a bad production for what it's worth but it could have been a whole lot better, it could have been a 2 disc set although hindsight being 20/20, WWE really didn't know how to produce their DVDs for about another 18 months since that release. The extra matches are almost worth it though.

Worth a gawk? Yes, A good representation about what the NWO were about... i'll pass.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

that back in black dvd is worth a fortune now ive seen it go for 50 quid on ebay,was a very limited run when it came out, i bought no way out 2002 on ebay recently and the crowd go mental when the nWo come out at the start,scott hall gets prob the biggest pop of his career by just saying "hey yo" at the beginning of his promo,its great lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Thanks,i'll try and get hold of that DVD but seeing as it doesn't seem to be that comprehensive,can any of you now point me to a link that might give me the whole history in written word?

Would wikipedia be the best bet? It's just i've read some god awful lies on there before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

If your looking for statistics, a site like Wikipedia is probably your best bet.

There is a good book on the Death of WCW written by RD Reynolds and Bryan Alvarez too which obviously the NWO was a key part of.

http://www.amazon.com/Death-WCW-WrestleCrap-Figure-Present/dp/1550226614/ref=sr_1_1/104-5914836-3355162?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183414345&sr=1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

wikipedia or answers.com should have the full history,cant fully trust every item on there but its pretty comprehensive

krudler wrote:
    that back in black dvd is worth a fortune now ive seen it go for 50 quid on ebay,was a very limited run when it came out

Yeah basically it was bad timing as two months later after it's release Vince lost his case with the Fund and anything with the WWF scratch logo was ordered a cease and desist and Silvervision was also ordered to sell off everything at cut price and have everything gone by September, explaining it's limited run.

Got my region 1 copy on ebay a few years back for about €15, and that was considered expensive for a second hand copy! Given what it's going for now i count myself lucky!
    Anto McC wrote:
    Thanks,i'll try and get hold of that DVD but seeing as it doesn't seem to be that comprehensive,can any of you now point me to a link that might give me the whole history in written word?

The wikipedia entry is pretty accurate to my knowledge but in saying that, the book Vince135792003 suggested is pretty good, bloody funny stuff as well as Reynolds wrote all the wrestlecrap stuff before it :)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Anto McC wrote:
    Cheers lads. Would i only get that book over the internet or do you think i may happen upon it in a bookshop?

It shows up on the Eason website, you can order it from Amazon.co.uk or The Book Depository (with free delivery), you'd nearly have it faster ordering online. :)

edit: ah the timestamp problem, either that or I'm really good. :D

Cheers lads. Would i only get that book over the internet or do you think i may happen upon it in a bookshop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Anto McC wrote:

Amazon is your best bet. It's probably cheaper too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Someone is uploading every episode of nitro and thunder on youtube.. all of the matches from about 96 onwards.. I think he's up to late 97 or early 98 now. I'll have to find the profile for ya..

Anto McC wrote:

Precious little chance of a bookshop, Wrestling shop in Stephens Green MIGHT have it but they tend to be pricy. Amazon or ebay.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Thats brilliant man,thanks.

There's a wrestling shop in St Stephens Green!!!!! When that happen? I only really stopped watching wrestling about 2 years ago but when you're out of it,you're really out of it,aren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Iv'e subscribed to that ICON fellas videos too
    I started watchin WCW late 98 so i misssed out on some of the best stuff.

Ahthe memories , sittin in on a friday night watchin nitro

Anto McC wrote:
    Thats brilliant man,thanks.

There's a wrestling shop in St Stephens Green!!!!! When that happen? I only really stopped watching wrestling about 2 years ago but when you're out of it,you're really out of it,aren't you?

Then you really were out of it! That shop opened 3 years ago! ;) It's on the top floor beside Asha.

VR!

Ha i suppose but theirewas a time when my wrestling knowlegde was unrivalled by anyone i knew. There wasn't a book out i didn't really have but alas i stopped watching when Vince bought WCW (Vince buying both WCW and ECW going out of business killed wrestling imo. Once he had no compitition,WWE went to sh*t) and even though i still watch it when it's on and i have time,i don't think it's nowhere near as good as it was.

Which gives me the idea for a new thread.

Advertisement