Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off the laois

Options
  • 02-07-2007 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭

The brand spankingly new Laois forum.

Let the posting begin........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Chris2005123

Hi Thrill,

Any Ideas what Lake Glen Portlaoise is like to live in, is it ok or is it a very bad area?

Thanks
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Hi Thrill,

Any Ideas what Lake Glen Portlaoise is like to live in, is it ok or is it a very bad area?

Thanks
    Chris

I have a few friends who live there, they seem to like it! I'm from Portarlington myself. Maybe someone from Portlaoise can say for definite??

PS...Nice job on the new Laois forum!

Thanks Steve O, I heard some bad things about Lake Glen, because of O'Moore Place which is linked to the estate, is it true if anybody knows if the estate is actually as bad as it seems, example anti-social behaviour, crime, drugs etc..... Quote everywhere has problems just want to check out the area before I decide what to do...

All replies welcome

Thanks
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Rathdowney here. Great to see a Laois forum.

Bond-007 wrote:

Hi Bond,

Any ideas on the Lake Glen housing Estate, in Portlaoise,bad or ok?

Thanks
    Chris

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Does anybody know if this estate is ok to live in, it's of the Mountrath Road in Portlaoise, all replies welcome..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

Good job getting this forum going! :)

Chris2005123, maybe's there's something on neighbours.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Bond-007 wrote:

Howdy rathdowney!.

Chris, I live off the mountmellick road, actually not very far from the White City and O'Moore place, just a few hundred yards. We dont have any problems though, so its all relative. Though the locals do go on about it, i havent seen anything untoward.

I have heard nothing bad about the Lake Glen TBH, so its proximity to a poor area may not be that important. Have a look for neighbourhhod watch schemes and the like.

I just looked at your location on the map and yes you are off the back end of O'Moore place.

I wonder if you can phone the gards and they may tell you what its like?

Marksie wrote:
    Howdy rathdowney!.

Chris, I live off the mountmellick road, actually not very far from the White City and O'Moore place, just a few hundred yards. We dont have any problems though, so its all relative. Though the locals do go on about it, i havent seen anything untoward.

I have heard nothing bad about the Lake Glen TBH, so its proximity to a poor area may not be that important. Have a look for neighbourhhod watch schemes and the like.

I just looked at your location on the map and yes you are off the back end of O'Moore place.

I wonder if you can phone the gards and they may tell you what its like?
    Thanks Marksie, I checked with the local Garda station last week and they confirm the same, its not the worst or best area to live, avoid it if you can, I have sale agreed another house outside of this area.

Thanks
    Chris

I have sale agreed another house outside of this area.

Thanks
    Chris

oh right, whereabouts

*stalk, stalk*

• Advertisement

Marksie wrote:
    oh right, whereabouts

*stalk, stalk*

Marksie,

The Lovely town of Mounthrath, any ideas on this area, I know its a town probably to check up with the rest in years to come?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nightcaller101

Portarlington here, about time we get a local post......:D

Mountrath is a lovely town, will be better when the bypass is finished.

Bond-007 wrote:
    Mountrath is a lovely town, will be better when the bypass is finished.

My friend live just outside of it. Seems grand, uits busy though trafficwise. But as said, it will get better when the bypass iis finsihed, any ideas when?

Is castletown close to mountrath, there is meant to be some kind of fete there next weekend

2011 apparently, construction has yet to begin.

ahh, i see, tye bypass around town joining the n80 is about 1/2 mile from my housse, thats meant to join uop with the mountrath one i think. Will save a fair bit of time

Advertisement