Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of things do you bulk buy?

Options
  • 02-07-2007 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Where do you get them and what kind of savings do you make?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Do you mean household stuff? Or things like DVD-R's, etc.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Aaah, groceries or anything like that really. I'm going to bulk buy gilette razors from ebay for example. Will save a hell of a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Fanboy

Aaah, groceries or anything like that really. I'm going to bulk buy gilette razors from ebay for example. Will save a hell of a lot.

I wouldn't. Ebay is awash with fake blades. Google it, enough bad stories for me to think twice anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Thunder, lightning......I feel the wrath of the Gods (Mods) approaching!! :eek: (With a big thread padlock)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not a Bargain Alert, moved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

i go into boots or similar for toiletries etc, things i'm gonna use. if you buy enough at once the offer will be on again when you need it.

save between a third and a half depending on offers (3 for 2, buy one get one free) and depending on what you buy.

boots also have a generous(ish) reward scheme as far as i remember. 4 points to a euro, thats 4% back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yeah I used to stock up big time in Boots but I notice their prices have gone way up recently, and there's not half as many BOGOF's and 3 for 2 offers. Lidl and Aldi are now my favourites for toiletries.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Archeron

I drink gallons of Kia Ora, so when I see 100% extra free bottles, I usually buy about 12 of them. That does me til the next time the offer comes round. I also buy Worcester sauce by the crate, but thats just because I use so much of the darn stuff, I dont actually save anything. I also buy lighters in bulk when I see good ones in the markets. 2 or 3 good ones for a euro compared to about €2 for one crappy one in the shops.

Advertisement