Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista wireless problem

• 02-07-2007 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭

OK this is driving me mad, ive spent 3 nights researching the problem and trying things and it's not working.

We have eircom wireless broadband at home. My mom has a dell laptop running XP and ive one running Vista, both have been using the wireless perfectly for the past 6 months.

Then suddenly about a week ago my laptop just loses the connection, and when i double-click the icon or go into wireless connections via the menu it wont let me - if i reboot i can get back onto the internet but then again after 45secs - 3 mins i lose the connection again (and get that little yellow triangle)

Can anyone help? I tried updating my wireless driver but no joy...

Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

ps mom's XP machine works fine and ive made no changes to my laptop to prompt this lack of connectivity

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Try system restore to a point before this happened and see if the problem persists ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 igorked

hi mate did you try to reset the router sometimes the router is the problem,when i mean reset soft reset to hard reset.if that does not work try to reinstall your wlan drivers and software.

hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

boinkmaster, I recently had this problem after an upgrade to vista. I tried a number of things.

router firmware upgrade.
    Wireless usb firmware upgrade.
    reducing devices attached to router (3 wired, and 3 wireless)

these didnt work, so i presumed to blame vista (which i dont think was at fault)

in the end, i changed the channel the router was transmitting on (1-11) as i was picking up multiple wireless networks in my area and i was guessing maybe interference had a part to play (since everyones routers transmit over 11g prob 2.4ghz range :rolleyes: ) change to a different one and test and repeat til you find one that has least interference.

that seemed to do the trick as far as dropped connections went :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

hey guys - thanks for the replies. I found out what the problem was - the intel wireless driver, i had to d/l and old xp version and installed that and it worked! go figure..... thanks again lads

Advertisement