Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Post!

Options
  • 02-07-2007 8:59pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Finally I have got a first post.

I love you Fermanagh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

second!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Kingp35 wrote:
    Finally I have got a first post.

I love you Fermanagh

This is so sad

But im 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

I should delete this since none of ya's seem to be connected to Fermanagh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ah ha. There's a couple of posts here.

Just popped in to introduce myself as one of the new mods.

and im not even from Fermanagh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

muffler wrote: »
    Ah ha. There's a couple of posts here.

Just popped in to introduce myself as one of the new mods.

and im not even from Fermanagh

Same same , but different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Dessiemc27

Ok i'm a Fermanagh man, and for those of you who have never been, I can say it is well worth the visit. We have the lakes, the caves , the scenery and from Monday, Tescos as well as Asda. Etc. The area I am from is beautiful and no matter where you are you always get a warm welcome (in Boho).

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Dessiemc27 wrote: »
    Ok i'm a Fermanagh man, and for those of you who have never been, I can say it is well worth the visit. We have the lakes, the caves , the scenery and from Monday, Tescos as well as Asda. Etc. The area I am from is beautiful and no matter where you are you always get a warm welcome (in Boho).
    Welcome to the forum. as you see its a we bit quiet here at the moment but hopefully the word will spread and we can look forward to a more active forum in the not too distant future.

Now about Fermanagh I have to say that I agree with everything you said. Its a lovely place and if I had a complaint it would be that its not being marketed, There are loads of places and sights to visit and see and lots of activities for tourists and the county has a huge potential for attracting those tourists but it needs the proper support of the tourism agencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

We need more posts on the Fermanagh forum!!

I'm from Enniskillen:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

was in enniskillian last week for the first time in a couple of years, often go to belcoo to see my nan, and headed into the town to look around a get a few things first,

spent an awlful lot of summers there (belcoo) as a kid, visiting the lakes, fishing, going to marble arch caves, just basically exploring, playing hide and seek, football, etc, what is now all new housing devlopments and a expanding village, even the odd time now when i meet up with my cousins from fermanagh (not to often unfortunatly), we have greet time, remembering all the things we got up to as kids, reminising over a few pints in one of the pubs in the village or ocasionally head over to the black (blacklion, caven), and still getting told off by nan(all in our 20's).

couldn't beleive the changes to enniskillian though, two huge new building going up on the sligo road, one i assume was an apartment block, the other, a waterways building, nearly didn't regonise some of it, erneside centre was twice the size compared to what i remember, a huge asda, glad to see the main street has lost none of its charm, still nearly all independent traders, the railway cafe (think thats its name), friendly locals, helpful (and some stuners) staff in all the shops i went to.

well thats my view on the erne county, hopefully the forum will get a few more visitors, will call back my self as well, hopfully can get some interesting posts and regulars

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

UP KINAWLEY

enough said....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Frelance

The town(enniskillen) has certainly expanded in recent times.
    Marks and spencers and a new retail park in development atm.

Im from there myself, ya might spot me if ya visit asda ;)

Its just a pity about the roads, traffic and bad conditions make it abit crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Frelance wrote: »
    The town(enniskillen) has certainly expanded in recent times.
    Marks and spencers and a new retail park in development atm.

Im from there myself, ya might spot me if ya visit asda ;)

Its just a pity about the roads, traffic and bad conditions make it abit crap.

is there a marks and sparks or is it AND the retail park in devopment, if so where abouts, in the same development as ASDA or else where

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Frelance

irish-stew wrote: »
    is there a marks and sparks or is it AND the retail park in devopment, if so where abouts, in the same development as ASDA or else where

Marks and sparks is going in where the old asda store was located in Erneside shopping centre.
    The new retail park is being built oppposite martin rooneys spar. close to the irvinestown roundabout.

Frelance wrote: »
    Marks and sparks is going in where the old asda store was located in Erneside shopping centre.
    The new retail park is being built oppposite martin rooneys spar. close to the irvinestown roundabout.

OOh, my location is Enniskillen today too.:)

UP KINAWLEY

enough said....:)

Are you from Kinawley?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭BazMcG

Im from Mullaghmeen!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Dessiemc27

From Boho...and proud of it!!!. A wee bit depressed after losing to wexford in the league final but maybe now thinking we can put it up to monaghan in a few weeks time...

Is your real name Dessie? I know a couple..

Advertisement