Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer of a limited?

Options
  • 02-07-2007 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

i,

I want to set up a new limited and my accountant told me he can take care of it for 280. I am sure he can.
    But he told me he will transfer me an existing company.

In essence:
    "We incorporate the companies with ourselves as directors and shareholders, and transfer to you upon incorporation."

He also told me he takes 2 weeks while other guys such as "formations.ie" are telling me he takes 5-7 days.

I am a bit confused, what is the deal here ?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

The Guys in formations.ie and similar use CRO Disk system to electronically submit your Docs and your accountant will prob just Post them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Using a 'shelf' company that already exists should be pretty much instant. Incorporating from scratch takes a bit longer.

He might not have any shelf companies in stock and might need to order one in from his supplier (seriously, a lot of accountants use the services of the larger formations companies, and this is a perfectly legit thing to do).

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

Met these lads at the Small Business Show in the RDS a few weeks back - might be another option for you

www.formit.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Well, if you have an accountant, and he isn't charging you a total arm and leg, and you have some sense of personal service from him, I would put myself in his hands.

Advertisement