Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is call of duty 3 worth buying?

• 02-07-2007 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I was a big fan of Call of Duty 2 on the pc a few years ago, I'm just wondering is COD3 worth picking up for the 360 because its only e28 on play.com atm. Bare in mind I rarely play on xbox live and I have about 5 other games still in cellophane.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

CoD 2 single player is better and longer than CoD 3. I have CoD 2 on the PC and 360. I have never played 3 over Live.

At €28 you can't go wrong really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

How does the 360 version of COD2 compare to the pc version? I really loved that game and I'd nearly buy it if it was going cheap.

Graphics wise CoD2 on the 360 and PC are very close if you play it on a HDTV, the PC has a slight edge as expected. The controls work well on the 360, I sometime have trouble going from mouse and keyboard to controllers in FPS games but this one is great. I still play the Russian missions the odd time on the 360 but I have never gone back to CoD3.

The AI is the same and the sound is all there. The 360 version also has a limited mulitplayer mode/s which I have never tried but it was very popular when it got patched to stop the lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

COD 3 is great craic on live. Mostly playing that and Flatout at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

im gonna go against the grain here and say a big no to COD3 the single player is alright but short and not that challenging and the multiplayer is full of people who have been playing for ages and tend to abuse any newbies. Give it a miss Rainbow Six Vegas is better (different game I know but still better)

I await the flame

• Advertisement

im gonna go against the grain here and say a big no to COD3 the single player is alright but short and not that challenging and the multiplayer is full of people who have been playing for ages and tend to abuse any newbies. Give it a miss Rainbow Six Vegas is better (different game I know but still better)

I await the flame

It's not going against the grain at all, its exactly what I said in my first post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I thought it was a great game. Granted, the singleplayer is a little short, but I really enjoyed it. The multiplayer is rubbish for the reason Onearmedbandit stated.

But if you've still got games in their wrappers, why not just play them? It'll save you money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

So 2 is better then 3? Really liked 2,was going to just rent out 3 but they didnt have it in my xtravision. Is it in any of the others to rent,i presume they have the same games in each shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

I picked this up second hand for about €30 but it didn't last very long before I hocked it off to someone else. Found the single player campaign pretty boring and frustrating at times. For a war simulator, where you've got many allieds and many germans on screen at once, I found it difficult to tell the difference between the uniforms and just ended up shooting everyone. Didn't try multiplayer but judging by other comments here I'd say keep you money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Great craic online.I couldnt finish the single player its just too bland.Stopped playing it after RB6:vegas came out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

Played it tonight after all in the live centre. Seems pretty good,might see can I pick it up second hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

I finished COD3 single player over one weekend. It's way to short. Multiplayer is good I'll give it that. I'd keep the money and add a bit to it and get Call of duty 4, which will be released in the next few months.

Advertisement