Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First Car...

Options
  • 02-07-2007 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hey-lo!

I'm a graduate, and come September I'll be starting a new job in Dublin on a salary of about 25k. I want to buy a Honda Civic 1.4 as my first car (second hand), anyone know what prices I should be paying for one and whether or not I should wait until the new year to buy one?

I'll be using it to drive to between Kilkenny and Dublin, and weekend trips etc since I live cose enough to the office to walk to work. My brother maintains I should get a smaller car though, a Polo/Ibiza type.

Any advice? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Are you on a full or provisional Licence, Age, M/F. And most importantly...have you actually driven a Civic???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Stark

25k's not a lot when you're trying to live in Dublin. You might want to wait until you're settled in a bit, see how you're fixed money wise, how much you can afford to spend on insurance, tax, maintenance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I'm 23, Male and I've gotten a full license for two years now though I've never driven a Civic. I hear they're great cars though.

Luckiy I'll have very little outgoings in Dublin, since I won't be paying any rent to speak of, my costs will be electricity and food etc.

I'll be in a position to pay a bit more than most would on my salary, hence the fixation on a civic and not something smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Go with what you want, you'll have plenty time to be sensible later in life!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I like the way you think :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

Scr&#225 wrote: »
    I'm 23, Male and I've gotten a full license for two years now though I've never driven a Civic. I hear they're great cars though.

Luckiy I'll have very little outgoings in Dublin, since I won't be paying any rent to speak of, my costs will be electricity and food etc.

I'll be in a position to pay a bit more than most would on my salary, hence the fixation on a civic and not something smaller.
    Have you got an insurance quote? You'll be screwed with a Civic at 23 and no no claims bonus

Advertisement