Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista installation interrupted error

• 02-07-2007 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

I was trying to set up Windows Vista on my sisters new PC.

Only problem is that is was not the first time the PC was switched on, therefore the installation process was interrupted previously by turning it off.

So all I could get yesterday was an error message which told me that the installation was interupted and to click ok to restart. But when I did this it just went as far as bringing up the same message again.

How do I go back to scratch and get past this error message and get the installation process to run its course.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

boot from cd and start the installation again from scratch?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

I put the recovery DVD in and nothing happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

i don't think you can boot directly from those recovery dvd's can you? don't you have to initiate the recovery via menu options in the hidden partition that you access via the bios menu? depends on what make your PC is i suppose.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

reformat the drive and get new installation media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You can also run the repair option when you boot from the Vista DVD it's on the first menu so once thats been run there is a good chance it will correct the startup/install problem.

A brief guide to the repair/startup option is at this link.

If not then yeah formatting the HD should do it (I hope you backed up anything on the HD beforehand) & just run the installer again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

It's a brand new PC, so no need to worry about losing any info.

Cheers for all the help

Advertisement