Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telecoms companies & their poor quality of service

Options
  • 02-07-2007 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

Hi there, i'd like to know if there actually is such a thing as a comms company with good reliable service and good customer support. Perhaps its time the government setup a minimun standard that all comms companies must by law conform to at all times. with massive penalty fines or even revocation of operating license for those that dont comform to those standards. comreg is powerless to help...(ive tried logging complaints to them about bt they replied that the have no legal powers to enforce bt to provide the service they claim to have)

if i robbed you i'd go to jail, yet alot of these comms companies do exactly that and yet dont get prosecuted for it.

its time the ministry of marine & communications introduced new laws to protect consumers by enforcing a minimum accepteable standard of both the actual service ppl pay them for and a minimum standard for their customer service they are supposed to provide. with regular spot checks carried out.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

We have enough laws and no regulator to enforce them , if we abolished Comreg and replaced it with something useful we might get somewhere.

As long as Comreg exists we will be at the very arse end of any modern communications infrastructure and customer service , comparatively speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

My browser shortens the Thread Title to Telecom companies & their poo... on the Tabs

Advertisement