Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Nice Restaurant for Family Meal

Options
  • 02-07-2007 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking for a nice restaurant for a wedding anniversary in the city or close county which isn't chinese or mexican or along those lines and is a nice restaurant with nice food...anyone got ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The MArket Square Brassarie in the basement on the corner of Barrington and O'Connell Street is excellent. A bit dark ion there though.

I can recommend the lamb!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

You could check out these threads - although both ask for suggestions for meals for two, I reckon most of the higher recommended establishment would be suited to a family outing...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055083776

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055091590

Maybe a sticky on restaurants could be created - seems to be a regular query here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

ninty9er wrote:
    The MArket Square Brassarie in the basement on the corner of Barrington and O'Connell Street is excellent. A bit dark ion there though.

I can recommend the lamb!

Just dont go to the Jasmine and order spring rolls, I have seen how they are made.. ewwww

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I was in Penz restaurant overhead Clohessy's bar in Ballycummin village for Sunday lunch a couple of weeks ago. The service was a bit slow as the place was busy but the food was excellent and staff were pleasant. 4 course lunch for €20 per person.

I would highly recommend this place but you really need to book in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Russells/Smyths

• Advertisement

Hmmm.. never been down there - not sure what it is but there's something unappealing about the outside that's stopped me crossing the threshold.. Perhaps I should brave it some night..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

O gradys on O Connell Street good varied grub

sioda wrote:
    O gradys on O Connell Street good varied grub

Where's that then - is it the place down the steps near the Steak Out?

Yup tis indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

I personally wouldn't bring my partner to a grub food thing for my wedding anniversary. Unless i want to get rid of him/her :D But that's just my opinion.

Maybe it is a bit overrated but I like Milano down at the Shannon. And it can be very romativ with a table at the window, overlooking the Shannon, a bottle of red wine and a candle... :)

• Advertisement

The oakwood in Cratloe? The food is grand, wont get anything overly fancy mind

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The oakwood in Cratloe? The food is grand, wont get anything overly fancy mind

Woodcross?

+1 for Milano was there last night and it was beautiful

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'd recommend Copper & Spice. Indian and Thai food.

Woodcross?

Yes thats it! Where the heck did I get oakwood from :eek: :eek: :eek: LOL!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Maybe it is a bit overrated but I like Milano down at the Shannon. And it can be very romativ with a table at the window, overlooking the Shannon, a bottle of red wine and a candle... :)

Milano is grand but I personally don't trust a restaurant where you can't get steak.

My 2 cents: La Picolla in O'connell street, amazing food, nice staff and atmosphere, but it is a little on the small side,

Texas have changed their menu in recent months and having said i'd never go back there before, I was pleasently surprised.

Fat Zoe's in Patrick street, also great food, don't let the name put you off, and it's really nice inside.

La Piccola is very nice, im friends of the family that own it.

Fat Zoes is closed i'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

sioda wrote:
    Fat Zoes is closed i'm afraid

since when?????:( :(:(:(:(:(:(:( The food there was great

Another casualty of the opera centre. Closed bout 2 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

Theres a nice intimate and romantic place on the corner of henry and mallow street. Myself and the wife go there twice a week for intimate meal. I go tuesdays and she goes thursdays!!

^^ Brulees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 beanflick

My 2 cents: La Picolla in O'connell street, amazing food, nice staff and atmosphere, but it is a little on the small side,
    That place rocks, the stuffed mushrooms are the nuts. I actually prefer the pizzeria.

La Piccola is very nice, im friends of the family that own it.

The last time I was there - although the food was good the service was awful.. granted they may be usually catering for couples (and we were a group of 10), but there may be room for improvement..

Gotta agree with wolf not going back to piccola again have found the food and the service dire on a number of occasions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I dunno, I go to le Piccola quite often for lunch and I've no complaints.

Advertisement