Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

clueless

• 02-07-2007 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i'm a little new to the 'dating' thing, the thing is well up until now i'd never even been on a date, i'm 23 by the way the guy in question 25. Anyway about 3 weeks ago i met a guy on a night out and we've been seeing each other since. When i first met him he seemed like a really really confident guy, and he is when he's around his friends or people he knows, but when its just the two of us he just seems really nervous. Even when we go out together he'll never even kiss me until the very end of the night, like he's trying to work up the courage to do it or something. I'm pretty shy myself so i find it rather odd that he would be nervous around me, plus he's had his fair share of relationships and i've had zero. Don't get me wrong i think this is really cute but i really like him and i'm a very affectionate person, and i'm a little lost as to where i stand? sometimes when we're out i just want to kiss him, hold his hand , cuddle him or whatever but at the same time i don't really know whats appropriate? i don't know what i'm even trying to ask here, i don't want to come on too strong, its early days and all, i guess what i'm trying to say is what level of affection is appropriate?
    sorry this is really stupid im just completely clueless about the whole dating thing:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Go somewhere where you can be alone. A park or a beach or even your living room, then kiss him.

Of course, during a date, you can initiate the kiss aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

OP: We all are clueless at times about dating :D .

Take the initiative, you have mentioned that you find him cute etc. well tell him what you feel and that you are shy.

Affection: yeah, touch his hand, or juts lay your hand on his hand or his arm. Its not innappropriate to show affection to someone you fancy. It is telling him that: Yes, I do like you.

It maybe that he is picking up your nervousness or not getting the message across that you are attracted to him.

I always find that a simple approach is best. for example, next time he kisses you say something simple, direct "I like that, can we do it again?" for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

I've been in this type of situation before. If you're both a bit nervous and a bit shy, then the problem has a tendency to fuel itself because both of you are in a situation where you don't know where you stand with each other, and are afraid of coming on too strong. He may be sitting there thinking the exact same thing as you when you are on a date but is waiting for some kind of indication that it is ok to make a move.

In my situation it didn't work out to well, but i think that if you like him and think its worth a shot, then by all means make the first move (neither me nor her made any sort of gesture to let the other know and it ended after a couple of dates). It'll let him know where he stands with you and if it doesn't go as planned then at least you'll have an idea of where you stand with him.

Advertisement