Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteoroid in Rush?

Options
  • 03-07-2007 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Has anyone considered the possibility that the loud bang heard in Rush, Nth Co. Dublin last night (01.07.2007), may have been the result of a meteor striking the sea. As one resident/witness put it, she heard the bang and saw 'a puff of black smoke' when she turned to look towards the sea. I also heard it ( I live near enough the coast in Rush) and it was quite a sonic boom; it seemed as though someone had crashed their car into the side of our house!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The garda contacted met eireann and they put it down to freak weather conditions in the area. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

jinjahman wrote:
    Has anyone considered the possibility that the loud bang heard in Rush, Nth Co. Dublin last night (01.07.2007), may have been the result of a meteor striking the sea. As one resident/witness put it, she heard the bang and saw 'a puff of black smoke' when she turned to look towards the sea. I also heard it ( I live near enough the coast in Rush) and it was quite a sonic boom; it seemed as though someone had crashed their car into the side of our house!

I suggested that yesterday, thats what I thought first when I heard how far away it was heard from and the effect it had. It's likely to be an air burst explosion for the description and the lack of evidence left.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055115120

Advertisement